coping a apple mac book

THANKYOU

trust me I hate the cult of mac more than anyone, since I was using macs since os9 when they were geared towards serious professionals. They use to be almost strictly pro level non consumer, and that's how I liked it

I really hate this new iPod generation bullshit, and these new intel chipsets suck ass

But I'm not going to say the os isn't better, because it is. That's evidenced by the fact you need a better system to get the same results running windows.

And it CAN be done on PC, you just need really beefed up custom systems. I toured a local TV station and they were running windows, all very high end custom dell boxes. The reason they did this was because dell has a huge plant here and cuts major deals in bulk. They have about 200 boxes, all custom built locally that do what mac will do, because they got a good deal directly... So for pure bulk, yes that savings might help you if you need a bunch of boxes, because a news network is more bulk over quality - but most studios have like 5-20 boxes max, and for that situation you need to have the most power you can under the hood. It's a lot more effective to get a 16 core render farm in osx than have to get a 32/64 rack system custom. To do the same thing.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I would rather have a netbook then a macook

they slow as hell

FUCK paying $400 extra for a fucking white, minimalistic fruity comp. that will be out of style in a year

by the time you get done playing with your PC crashing and spyware and viruses... you lose in the end with a PC.

just my experience though.

i've been using macs since OS 9. i just sort of giggle when my parents have to get their pc worked on 2 times a year because of spyware and viruses. i've never had a problem with a mac yet... *knock on wood