we usually take a nigga for they garments thread

zebradrips

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: we usually rob niggas for they garments thread

CAPPADONNA SUCKS.

while i would usually agree, his verse on winter warz was dope,

funny story about cappadonna. I've seen him twice now, once with ghost and theodore unit, and once by himself. when he had the song "supermodel" out, the radio station i work for brought him in to do a concert (along with a bunch of other people) and he performed raekwon's verse from "Ice Cream" instead of his own...then, 2 years ago, i see him with ghost in pittsburgh, and he does the same fucking thing, and both times, i don't think people noticed

and i uploaded this just for my fellow 12 oz wu fans

cappadonna - somebody got to go

new shit, best i've heard from cappa in a long time (maybe ever)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5943952716403295/

I think i'm part of bojangles' and zebradrips' master race of non-trend-following old-school-loving wu fans

and i gotta say, i've been working in radio for 11 years now, djed a lot of concerts, and met a decent amount of "celebrities", and so far, the wu are pretty much the only normal sized people. meth's about 6'2", ghost is probably 6' or 6'1", and cappadonna's at least 6'3". pretty much every other rapper/singer i've met has been short as fuck, except montell jordan, when he says "all they said was 6'8" he stood" in "this is how we do it, he wasn't lying

Re: we usually rob niggas for they garments thread

I'm gonna' have to stick with Swampy on this and say that the Wu is for 2 very different crowds:

A. The 90's hiphop heads that were down then and prolly haven't bought the last 19 albums and solo projects.

B. The ...uh, how shall I nicely put this...?

"New school" kids who rock the last 19 albums while waiting for the first 3 albums to finish downloading while they're lacing up their exclusive kicks and getting on their track bikes.

No offense to you Zebra, I'd still smash.

what about me? i hate the garbage put out today (i'll listen to some new catchy shit) and i just want to hear about rappers egos, selling drugs and traditional hip hop beats.

i don't have exclusive kicks and the closest thing i've riden to a track bike is a kids mountain bike i stole when i was drunk.

The only Wu albums I can listen to the whole way through are 36 Chambers and Forever. As for solo projects it's Supreme Clientele, Liquid Swords, and OB4CL...maybe Fishscale...I feel like on pretty much every other project there ends up being vast amounts of filler. I end up skipping a bunch of tracks. Boo.

Still, I'm one of those white boys with a big collection of Wu-Tang in his iTunes.

WHY THE FUCK MASTA KILLA ALWAYS TELLIN ME TO BE QUIET IN EVERY FLICK? NIGGA YOU CANT EVEN HEAR ME THATS NOT EVEN REALLY YOU ITS YOUR PICTURE NIGGA!!! FUCK!!!

YO I FUCK WITH WUTANG B I COULD NEVER HATE, MY YOUTH WAS MADE UP OF WUTANG MOBBDEEP AND A BUNCHA OTHER SHIT BUT MOSTLY MOBB AND WU...