art.

yinz n'at

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but at the risk of sounding elitist... making artwork with roaches is kitsch enough to start with. Copying pictures of Bob Marley and Snoop dog is as well. But making pictures of snoop dog and bob marley out of roaches... reaches the level of embarrassing self-parody.

i see where you are coming from with this point of view..and agree to an extent..

..however...sometimes ...i dont think art should always be taken so serious. is dude the next artist so ahead of the game that he is gonna start a new movement or period in art. no. as a composition...i think i looks pretty dope.

Gabriel Orozco

grgM9l4yckqnyzt1MlQ2rLvYo1_500.jpg

"My Hands Are My Heart"

Orozco02_body.jpg

"Yielding Stone" (Ball of molding clay which matches Orozco's weight, rolled around NYC)

1_gabriel_orozco.jpg

"Island within an Island"

6a00d8341c562c53ef01157047b9c8970c-600wi

"Extensions of Reflection" (Rode his bike through these two puddles to extend the reflection, then documented w photograph"

Yeah, not really the type of stuff I think people respond to around here, but I felt like sharing anyways.

edit: just remembered he's got a show up now at MOMA, too

• Like 2