School

Weapon X

I went from gifted program student at the top of his class to a drop out to a tradesman to what i'm doing now full-time.

i want to do more. Science, economics, something. however, i doubt i ever will, as that shit is expensive and time consuming. not to mention the beats i would receive throughout my childhood whenever i brought home anything 99% or less, as well as the constant tutoring while kids with lesser grades played baseball have given me deep seeded resentment towards education.

fuck, i don't know, fuck it all. just drop some thoughts about an old fuck going back to school, or not. anyone got a link for a counterfeit diploma? i'm gonna go smash a mirror.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in school with plenty of old dudes at a big university. One i know just graduated this year with a pretty dope job at an advertisement agency. It would be worth it, but maybe try a community college to save you some money while you test the waters.

I'm in school with plenty of old dudes at a big university. One i know just graduated this year with a pretty dope job at an advertisement agency. It would be worth it, but maybe try a community college to save you some money while you test the waters.

that's encouraging, but i would only go to a university. encouraging, or maybe depressing because i'm not him, and i'd probably have to live on the streets if i were to go.

dude FAFSA will provide a shitload of assistance..and a loan or 2 will help long term..if ur really srs abt the schooling bit..im saying if u were good at it why not? it srsly is never too late for an education....

nowadays even the avg medical school person enters at age 24...

I went from gifted program student at the top of his class to a drop out to a tradesman to what i'm doing now full-time.

i want to do more. Science, economics, something. however, i doubt i ever will, as that shit is expensive and time consuming. not to mention the beats i would receive throughout my childhood whenever i brought home anything 99% or less, as well as the constant tutoring while kids with lesser grades played baseball have given me deep seeded resentment towards education.

fuck, i don't know, fuck it all. just drop some thoughts about an old fuck going back to school, or not. anyone got a link for a counterfeit diploma? i'm gonna go smash a mirror.

I don't know how old you are, but if it's over 23 you can get massive assloads of grant money from state and federal. If you go to a state university they'll basically pay for everything... If you want to go to one in a different state, go move there for a year or whatever it takes to get residency. The amount of money you can get is based on your previous year's reported income, higher than 10,000 and they start expecting you to pay for part of it. If you end up needing to take out loans, the federal subsidized loans don't collect interest / and you don't have to pay on them until you're out of school, and the interest rates are really low.

I basically get enough money to pay all my rent / utilities and eat decently for the year, plus pay tuition and buy books. I usually get a part time job and try to make under their cutoff just to have money for toys, although when I go back this time it will be as a full time student.

Choose your degree wisely... an economics degree isn't worth two shits from most schools, but it can be turned into other things at the graduate level (my sister's about to graduate with an International Business Law degree and is already hired to a firm for $180,000 a year, she did Econ and a couple other things for the bachelors). Science degrees can provide nicely paying jobs depending on the field as long as you're up for all the math... and can stand being in classes with clueless 18 year olds for the first year or two.

school sucks. yeah, we all know that, but in a society whee bachelors degrees are a dime a dozen, and masters are more common place, education is a good idea. i went to school w/ peeps who were 4 years younger than me graduating at the same time, to dudes who were 15+ years older than me w/ a family and mortgage - work full time, be dad at home, and go to school full time.

if ur stuck in a dead end job that blows, go get ur learn on... certs, licenses, degrees, etc.

u stuck doing manual labor? u want to flex ur mind? go into engineering.. it pays... well.

and don't bother doing some bullshit like psych or marketing... it's useless unless you plan to get a phd and what not

Most definitely educate yourself as much as you wish to. If it helps you to feel better, I remember seeing a news story about some 90-something-year-old who went and got herself a diploma and seriously, how long does she have to use that knowledge for? If you have to go to community college and then transfer. Sometimes even better is the education you get yourself, like find a topic you're really interested in and then hit the book store, Amazon, whatever. I just finished a degree and have no time or $$$ for more school right now but am studying Chinese language and culture on my own time.

Sounds like your parents ruined your life.

You should rub it in their faces.

after this last year of high school im thinkin about either goin to the art institute or some community college any suggestions

ive been told the art institute is really expensive and kind of worthless but idk

here in boston the art institute is basically the same as mass art except like 3 times the price, not worth it

goin to school for art right now isn't a good idea anyways, there's no market for it

after this last year of high school im thinkin about either goin to the art institute or some community college any suggestions

ive been told the art institute is really expensive and kind of worthless but idk

I vote community college for two years, then a university. That's what my little brother and old lady did, kill two years at junior college, then transfer as a junior to a university. Saved a lot of money. Plus, junior college is easy as fuck, so you'll be able to build your gpa up prior to applying to a university.

Guest 50million

i went to college for biology. i had a great fascination with sciences, microbiology, anthropology, etc...i graduated early and moved out on my own when i was 16. rent is hard to pay when you are 16, in college and working shitty jobs.

so i went for a massage therapy degree. stupid.........

luckily i got a good career during school. it rarely has anything to do with biology though. i really wish i could go to some kind of food science program and be a teacher eventually.

i cant complain though. im a teacher in a grocery store. thats kinda cool.

but yeah college should be free.