"MAN.. YOU CORNY!"

HUSK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

first off, i wasn't saying that k'naan was great, after i posted that i went and listened to some of his other shit, and it all pretty much sucks i was just saying that abc's is pretty good to me, for the reasons i listed.

second, i just don't think gucci can rap.

i respect his hustle, and i will say that he's probably "more real" (so fucking cliche) than most rappers, i just don't really like his art.

he really only has two flows: the freaky girl, 1-2-1-2 flow, or the oochie boochie goochie noochie flow (the only song i can think of off the top of my head is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnm1vtFkQKs). his beats are usually dope, the dude zaytoven has the trap music shit down to a science, but gucci gets outshined most of the time

if i want coke raps give me these dudes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laOZ7HPu9yU

and just because

http://bbcicecream.com/blog/2009/03/30/fam-lay-rock-n-roll-video/

and i don't think i made #3 clear, it's a nice change of pace as far as shit that gets played on tv or the radio. let's be honest, 99% of people have never seen a key of coke, or shot AT someone, and fully 95% aren't making enough money, or getting enough pussy (or dick zebradrips) to brag about it. i just miss variety in music, everything's the same.

and that swag surfin shit sucks dick, if we're talking dance-oriented rap give me the stanky leg anyday

maybe i'm too old to listen to rap nowadays, i remember when you used to, oh i don't know, actually rap good?

i'm not trying to change anyone's mind, i just wanted to weigh in since i have a differing opinion.

i just don't feel that "gangsta" rap carries the same weight that it used to. i like my thug shit to have political undertones, like "yeah I'm a thug, I'll sell crack to your moms and shoot your little sister in the face after fucking her in the ass, but I realize that it's wrong, and I wish I wasn't doing it, I just don't have any other choice, and here's why...don't do what i do."

give me "Death Certificate" Ice Cube or "We Can't be Stopped" Geto Boys over anything that passes for hard-core hip hop now, that trap music bullshit is wack to me

nobody should glorify going to jail, that shit ain't glamorous...and the only thing that belongs in the trap is roaches and rats

i would love to boris, but imma go paint instead, thanks for the pleasent convo, it makes me realize i should just stay in metalheads like i normally do. i was actually trying to get your opinions on your boy gucci, and gave you plenty of opportunities to defend your beloved trap music...and you wouldn't even bother to tell me what kind of chips you were munching on

I'm out