and again, pictures of cars..

watson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm probably alone on this, but maybe my age is forcing me to look at a lot of these tuner cars as really really bad investments, although I could be VERY wrong. It seems like doods are dumping ridiculous amounts of money into these mass produced imports, and when it comes time to sell, they won't get remotely close to their investment back... maybe 35%? I'm not knocking them at all, because they do look dope (some of them) but it just seems like a waste of money. Am I missing something? Same with some of the newer cars that were posted a few images up... go out, buy new VW/Lancer/WRX/etc for 25-30k, completely mod engine (void warranty in process), dump another 8-10k in suspension/bolt-ons, than sell car for 15-20k if you're lucky. Again, am I missing something?

minus your right, but this kinda of hobby can make lazy peeps get a job just to start a build. Its crazy wen i hear the amount of money plp put in their whip. Im not gonna lie its fun sliding cars, and Florida dont give a fuck about the atmosphere so we chillin wit no catalytic converters and no yearly emission check by the feds. :cool:

hobbies and entertainment don't have to be profitable.

i agree, on the scale its a waste of money, but its good to see people doing shit other than getting fat playing video games and wasting their time on a graffiti forum...

I'm not saying it needs to be profitable, just closer to the break even point. I build cars.. and love starting new projects, I would just want a project to give me some money to roll comfortably into the new project. All good though, I can appreciate the hobby factor.. I have more than plenty that waste way too much time/money.

Again, am I missing something?

The mod bug I guess. You're not wrong, I think people these days are starting with ridiculous platforms. I can appreciate a nice retro (<80's) - but dumping ten grand into a Lexus or Nissan? Hahahaha.

As for time to sell, most people will return the car to stock these days. I've sold all my cars with the work still on them, mainly because I couldn't be fucked returning them to stock.

Caught this beauty the other day;

2qn5S.jpg

wRz65.jpg

Imports have always been good, now people recognize the amazingness that comes from Japan

I'd rather have a legit 180sx RPS13 than that^

Are you high? That gem would roast a 180 in any and every facet of racing as it sits.

It's just a geographical thing, 180's are trash to us here. Silvia's are pretty much reserved for Asians and hairdressers.

:lol: I'd prop if I could hahaha

I suppose I just like old cars.... and as far as wasting money and time.. for those who are into old slammed VW's, check out these cats in Spain.

http://panscrapers.skynetblogs.be/