and again, pictures of cars..

watson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

car question:

looking to get my wife a used car. she likes matrix/mazda 3 hatchback sport wagon look.

does anyone have experience with the pontiac vibe? i know it was sort of jointly made by toyota, and has a yota engine, but any bad thoughts/experiences?

TY/props in advance.

My boss has a Porsche Panamera and I dislike.

It's like riding in a Cadillac, or a goddam barge on the road. I dont care how fast he claims it is, it is just a weird car.

For that loot I would have gone BMW ALPINA B7, Fisker Karma, Aston Martin Rapide or Maserati Quattroporte.

bmw-alpina-b7-long-wheelbase-2.jpg

bmw-alpina-b7-long-wheelbase-3.jpg

fisker-karma-hr-01.jpg

fisker-karma-hr-02.jpg

video_aston_martin_rapide_vs_porsche_panamera.jpg

Aston_Martin_Rapide.jpg

new-2012-maserati-quattroporte-basetrim-10194-7906279-4-640.jpg

new-2012-maserati-quattroporte-basetrim-10194-7906279-2-640.jpg

new-2012-maserati-quattroporte-basetrim-10194-7906279-5-640.jpg

car question:

looking to get my wife a used car. she likes matrix/mazda 3 hatchback sport wagon look.

does anyone have experience with the pontiac vibe? i know it was sort of jointly made by toyota, and has a yota engine, but any bad thoughts/experiences?

Based off a Corolla, we never got it here because they canned production due to lack of sales in Japan - hence no RHD version.

I would go Mazda 6 wagon or Subaru Outback, all day long.

RightRear.jpg

• Like 1

Well, Pontiac is defunct, that should be a hint.

thats part of my thinking--but being that the vibe is built on a corolla frame and has a toyota motor in it is why i asked.

wife doesn't like actual wagons because she 'feels like a soccer mom'... but the mazda 6 wagons are rad, though not too common around here.

Fair call.

Holy crap. I just did what I hate doing... checked pricing in the states for cars.

My lord. http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Mazda-MAZDA6-Seattle-d215_L37788

Copping a Mazda 6 wagoooon for under ten g's and it's only done a hundred and twenty thou.

Jeebus. Guru even says it's overpriced by nearly two grand.

That's a $15,000 car in Australia.

I can't speak on the Mazda 6 wagon, but my ex had a 3 hatch and that thing was almost as much fun to drive as my RX8. I have had 5 Mazdas over the years and never had a problem with any of them, the first one was an '89 626 that had almost 220,000 when I finally got rid of it.

I am kinda partial to Mazda, so take it for what it worth.

i'm partial to toyota, but have heard very few complaints about mazdas so i'm open to them.

ultimately its going to boil down to what she likes... because if i were shopping it'd be a proper wagon.

ty for input all. must spread rep on a couple of you.