and again, pictures of cars..

watson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That ^^^^ just looks stupid to me. 10" rims w/ 1" of the lip off the tire = retard if you ask me. I need the biggest tires I can get just to get traction through the lower gears. That's with an LSD and i don't even have some stupid big ass turbo, just something more medium sized...

That ^^^^ just looks stupid to me. 10" rims w/ 1" of the lip off the tire = retard if you ask me. I need the biggest tires I can get just to get traction through the lower gears. That's with an LSD and i don't even have some stupid big ass turbo, just something more medium sized...

I agree, Stretched tires......... That nonsence is for parking lot queens, not for performace driving.

I agree, Stretched tires......... That nonsence is for parking lot queens, not for performace driving.

Not true, a lot of race cars have stretched tires, helps the rigidity of the tire.

Of course they aren't as stretched as some cars, but they are stretched.

To be fair, the practice is very old. It did used to be common place on circuits (I know drift still does it to make breaking traction easier - but I don't get Drift 'racing' anyway!). I believe it was mainly performed to stiffen the side wall, which would make steering more precise.

My mate said some people still do it on drag cars - but I do not have any answer as to why.

I think the biggest problem is really when people try and do something that is increasing stresses on the cheap! Not bead seamed correctly, etc.

I don't like the look, and I don't like less traction on the rears.

And let's be serious, most of these cars posted have done this for looks, and to get closer to the grass!

Some good info here; http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=205#rimwidthrange for those interested.