and again, pictures of cars..

watson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Having a car issue, hoping you guys could help me out.

Today and yesterday, when I start my car in the morning nothing happens. No lights on the dash, doesn't turn over. The beeping sound to let me know the keys are in the ignition happens, the dome light comes on when the door is opened but that's it.

And I'm not hearing a click when I turn the key. If I remember correctly, hearing the click means the starter went bad right? Well either way, no click.

So, am I looking at a bad alternator or old battery here?

Thanks in advance.

Ps- yesterday the radio was cutting out every few mins if that helps. Never happened before.

So I was prepared to remove my alternator and take it to an autozone for a free alternator test. (the battery is only 2 yes old).

Went to my pops house to use his tools and he tested my alternator and battery with a multimeter and both were putting out enough juice...

So I went to o'reileys and talking with an old timer looking mech guy behind the counter. He advised be to inspect and clean my terminals.

The positive had a bunch of weird yellow corrosion. Not the powdery type you usually get on terminals. Negative was corroded too. Cleaned em up and hope this was the problem. I guess I'll find out in the morning....