Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
watson

and again, pictures of cars..

Never been a red stripe fan but I like the style. My buddy just got a Forester that he's moding. So far he's done exhaust and STI stock 17s.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Hey, My opinion of Motegi is that they are on the cheap side of the scale. Some designs are ok, but I would hold out and find a good used set of splits in 5X100, with an et in the 20's or so.

Not sure you'd get a +20 offset on a Forester. I've never heard anything close to that. Even if you did, would you really want to be the dick running 'poke' on an '04 Subaru? Haha.

Aim around +48 if you want them to fit nice.

Heaps of fitment advice for your car here; http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f72/tire-size-wheel-size-offset-etc-log-will-fit-11836/

Not sure you'd get a +20 offset on a Forester. I've never heard anything close to that. Even if you did, would you really want to be the dick running 'poke' on an '04 Subaru? Haha.

Aim around +48 if you want them to fit nice.

Heaps of fitment advice for your car here; http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f72/tire-size-wheel-size-offset-etc-log-will-fit-11836/

I've been looking at that forum a bunch, this thread has been helpful w/ wheels so far. Next will be STi suspension, I'm a tad concerned about the radiator in it, so that might happen, but won't touch engine stuff until I get an accessport. I don't really need it to be much faster than it is stock, I'm mostly concerned w/ handling and aesthetics.

• Like 1

Rs4 would suck as a daily. Definitely a fun car though, just needs to be pampered maintenance wise.

True, but I don't mind that. But true enough indeed. Still bummed it fell through, but there will be something else just around the corner I'm sure.

I believe its just the cap, but I'm having a bitch of a time finding an OEM cap.

The cap that was on it when I got it was only 16 pounds (1.1 or 1.2 bar, can't remember), oem is supposed to be 1.3 bar. The auto parts stores here have caps that are labelled oem but are only 1.1 bar. can't find a 1.3 that actually fits

While hot, if I just press down on the cap slightly coolant will flow out. I've jury rigged it using two gaskets to make it tighter, and stops it from leaking w/ pressure, but I'm still getting a burnt coolant smell intermittently while driving.

After driving there will be some coolant (4 or 5 drops worth) sitting on the inner edge of the radiator.

I haven't found another coolant leak, but have read that the stock radiators can go around this 130-140k miles.

Your car is OEM 1.1bar a 1.3 is an STi part for high pressure.

Sounds more like a seal. Just order an STi one, they are all interchangeable.

But you're right, the top tanks are notoriously a weak link. Don't let someone sell you a whole new core if it's fine though, should just need the top tank if it's actually cracked.

What coolant are you running? Extra pressure there could be telling you the start of a story that goes deeper.

Also, pretty sure i'm going to go w/ these wheels instead of the motegis

med_Weapon.jpg

MB Weapon in a 17x7in gunmetal

This is kinda the same as I'm going for, mine is real dark tint though.

fxtweapon1.jpg

Coolant is whatever the subie import shop put in it.

I can't find an actual crack, the drops all seem to come from the radiator cap area. I'll order the STi cap and see if that fixes it. If not then I guess I'll keep hunting

Is yours a colour coded C-pillar? I thought that was a USDM thing. That photo makes the C-pillar look photoshopped?

Those look cool, but they will expose your teeny tiny brakes.

As long as the coolant isn't starting to go cloudy, you're probably fine. Let me know how you get on, if you want. There's a lot of Colorado XT owners.

Go Seahawks.

Mine is that color: mirrors, c-pillar, and the piece on the back gate w/ SUBARU on it are all that gunmetal grey color.

Brakes will be dealt with in time, too.