and again, pictures of cars..

watson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Not sure you'd get a +20 offset on a Forester. I've never heard anything close to that. Even if you did, would you really want to be the dick running 'poke' on an '04 Subaru? Haha.

Aim around +48 if you want them to fit nice.

Heaps of fitment advice for your car here; http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f72/tire-size-wheel-size-offset-etc-log-will-fit-11836/

Not sure you'd get a +20 offset on a Forester. I've never heard anything close to that. Even if you did, would you really want to be the dick running 'poke' on an '04 Subaru? Haha.

Aim around +48 if you want them to fit nice.

Heaps of fitment advice for your car here; http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f72/tire-size-wheel-size-offset-etc-log-will-fit-11836/

I've been looking at that forum a bunch, this thread has been helpful w/ wheels so far. Next will be STi suspension, I'm a tad concerned about the radiator in it, so that might happen, but won't touch engine stuff until I get an accessport. I don't really need it to be much faster than it is stock, I'm mostly concerned w/ handling and aesthetics.

• Like 1

I believe its just the cap, but I'm having a bitch of a time finding an OEM cap.

The cap that was on it when I got it was only 16 pounds (1.1 or 1.2 bar, can't remember), oem is supposed to be 1.3 bar. The auto parts stores here have caps that are labelled oem but are only 1.1 bar. can't find a 1.3 that actually fits

While hot, if I just press down on the cap slightly coolant will flow out. I've jury rigged it using two gaskets to make it tighter, and stops it from leaking w/ pressure, but I'm still getting a burnt coolant smell intermittently while driving.

After driving there will be some coolant (4 or 5 drops worth) sitting on the inner edge of the radiator.

I haven't found another coolant leak, but have read that the stock radiators can go around this 130-140k miles.