FUCKING WIERD GUMMO..

HardyBucks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah and that ice cream stand that albino bitch works at is bobbies dairy dip, right around the corner from my moms house

Also that black midgets name is bushwick bryan

He went to the same high school, got a full scholarship to TSU

And spent all his money on crack

He use to buy us 40s behind the circle K when we were like 15

Sometimes he will ask people to rent gummo so he gets somevroyalties

So yeah, gummo is really like a window into a part of my childhood, not exaggerating at all

3431894827_f9cbe240b3.jpg?v=0

gotta love a redneck

i grew up in an all white working class neighborhood in the capital of the confederacy...

i know all about this.

fucked up teeth and undershave haircuts on girls.

cousin fucking that would put porkchop to shame.

the whole nine.

If you could imagine a land of Iroc Z's on blocks, Medicare fraud and oxy scripts, and realtree busch 2x4s mingling in an overgrown alley with old sofas and canadian mist mini bottles bought from wendel smiths, that's pretty much the setting of a lot of adventures I have/had

imagine?

player please.

your childhood = my childhood.

except you were probably cool with the hillbillies and i kind of hated them.

mostly the dudes just tried to embarrass me with awkward sexual comments

and the girls called me a fucking dyke because i was a strange one, as i'm sure y'all can imagine

13 year old zebra = avail t-shirt and plaid skirt and beat up chucks

13 year old oregon hill girl = winnie the pooh t-shirt, tommy hilfiger windbreaker and claw bangs

one of these things is not like the others...

it's cool, the black kids were more fun anyways

I put myself onto Gummo like 7 years ago when I was in the video store and saw on the cover that it was written by the writer of Kids. So I rented it. I watched it and I could understand how it is probably too much for the average person to take in. It made me depressed but it was also hilarious at the same time. After the third time or so I realized how fucking awesome it is and now it is my number one favorite movie of all time. Ive seen it hundreds of times. Where Im from, I actually grew up near neighborhoods like the ones in Gummo, and can totally remember going over to kids houses that looked like that, and the insides were all the same like the ones in the movie. Not so much with clothes and random shit piled to the ceiling and roaches coming out of walls, but the same working class white families, the same style of framed photos on the walls, the same kind of interior decor.

Gummo is like Menace II Society for white folks.

it's actually not hillbilly

It's just white trash to the extreme

There aren't really any hills, or woods, or anything like that, it's still a real city

Plus public transportation LOL

But there's no fields or hills

The closest real hillbillies are either in south central KY or about 90 miles east or west, those are the scary ones

Like Nashville takes celebration of white trash to a whole new level

It's a viable culture here,

Also I more kicked it in the downtown/midtown area , but when I say it's a snapshot to my life it's more location and people, because bunny boy really is one of my oldest and best friends, and bushwick bryant got me drunk a million times, and all the places... But I tried to stay away from chair wrestlers

You have to look at kids and gummo together - kids was written about the city part of Nashville with drugs and skaters, but gummo was like the other underbelly of Nashville

My life was way more like kids, but the settings of gummo are literally places I grew up, but in the end theyare both movies about nashville through harmonies eyes

thanks, player.

now go make us another rap letters thread.

i'll use it as the inspiration for our next photoshoot.

i'm picturing thugs photoshopped into the desert wearing chain metal do rags and wifebees in hummers on 24s

I still have all those pics, but I don't have time to make a thread right now I gotta take a nap...I got work at 5.

Here's a few though, since we're talking bout Tennessee and deserts.

31137029.jpg

81986636.jpg