iPhone Applications & Discussion Thread

Pistol

Question should probably go in the support thread. Anyway I was wondering if I jailbreak my current 3G can i use the internet off the phone for my house computer??? I got a kid on the way and our utilities are almost 1000 a month. Would like to cut some bills if possible. Then I can cancel my internet and house phone... Thanks in advance---A

Yes, its called tethering. There's a jailbroken app called MyWi that will basically make your iPhone a wireless router: http://www.intelliborn.com/products.html

There's also other apps that will do similar. And also depends on what service you have, etc.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i'm with T-Mobile, and have the following:

Even More Plus 500 Talk + Text with FlexPay

500 Whenever minutes

Unlimited Weekend Minutes

Unlimited Weeknight Minutes

for $29.99

Added an unlimited text package for $10 more, so with taxes and all its $45.74 a month, no contract.

If i wanted to add data, it would be $20 more a month if i went legit, or $10 more a month if i finagled my way to make them believe i didn't have an iPhone.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one of those Mirror Covers......

dsc06822wp.jpg

dsc06823l.jpg

Seriously, its like having a mirror. They are cheap, less than $2 in singles. I dont know what store you can get them at. I bought 5 of them on amazon. Oh, and the protector is thick too, more than the one you normally see at Wal Mart that you have to go and cut yourself to match your screen.

I dropped my iPhone last night and it cracked the screen a bit, but not past the black border. So I figure that now that it's even more vulnerable I might as well use one of the cases I've got. Slide it on, everythings cool and then as I'm scrolling through texts the pressure from the case makes the first crack worse, and then cracks it again, all the way across the top about a cm down from the speaker.

Don't use those shitty incase iPhone cases. And yeah, immad and it was a cool story, bro

Archived