Should I Join The Army??

MaxRoach

but yeah if you are even thinking about joining up, yuou should be ready for a lack of many comforts you like

if you take showers everyday, dont join, be prepared to be in the feild without a shower or so much as a sock change for weeks on end. soldiers are required to never take their boots off, and when you do, they say the skin peels off your feet like tape worms.

this is probably the hardest for me personally, but i love to sleep, and sleep is a luxury not afforded in the field. Being up for 36 hours straight, then being told to mount up and gear up to go chase down bad guys

hope you dont mind taking shit in a hole, under pressure and in front of other people, forgot a western style toilet nigga, those are non existant in other parts of the world

hope you dont mind being around white trash knuckleheads

hope you dont mind sandstorms, dry eye, excessive Euphedra use, excessive tobaccoo dipping, eating hamburger MREs with peanut butter.

and most importantly, i hope you dont mind gettin bossed around by some prick old white farts hellbent on sending troops into battle to die so they can get respect from their fellow officers. Some commanders WANT grunts to be killed because then their felllow officers cannot mock or question what they are doing.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks brotha

its just weird this thread is coming up because last night i had this convo with my parents and they support me trying out for OCS in a year or two

i told them i would most likely end up doing something like flying predator drones, reading maps, communications, and not infantry foot solider grunt shit.

i also learned my cousin from New York recently has been talking to recruiters, he is 23 unemployed no degree, he recently dropped the bombshell on my aunt when a humvee pullled up outside her house last week.

i think lots of kids are considerin the military now due to the lack of jobs and current shitty environment out there.

another homie joined up and got the boot for drug use, but he finished the 3 mile run in 18 minutes which is fucking ridiculous

^That's another reason not to fuck with the military.

A dishonorable discharge is worse than having felonies on your record when it comes to trying to find a job.

Alot of places straight up aren't alowed to hire people who have been kicked out of the military.

Buy COD4 instead.

COD4 is highly entertaining but extremely unrealistic and fake

theres a game coming up called 6 days in fallujah which should be a little more realistic

war is hours and hours of boredom and frustration punctuated by 15 minutes on intense firefights

ive read many memoirs from various wars, vietnam, ww11, iraq, and tahts the general feeling.

alot of people who join for "glory" are quickly disheartened after a few months in the feild

i used to be ALL about being a soldier when i was young up until sometime in high school, and i can say i will never join the services now. to much bullshit.

does anyone else find it very gay that the services advertise using toy planes and shit, unmanning the front line and what not? congratulations, you sent a flying machine into a house full of dudes with automatic weapons and rocket launchers ect.. and blew them up by hitting a button. glad to see the army and all that training has really made you insanely courageous, john rambo.

militarys should be handing out swords, axes, maces, war hammers, bows and arrows, and spears and shit. thats a fuckin war i could get behind.

tommy, you are retarded

please enlighten me why though man, im open to your opinions. I love hearing from people who served because they will tell you straight up.

my boy told me straight up, DO NOT JOIN THE FUCKIN MARINES, ever. he told me he zippered kids with his SAW in fallujah. His CO was also shot in the face a few meters behind him and was killed. He has a picture of some marine in his unit who was killed that he always keeps on his cars dash, some young ass whiteboy from arizona who left behind a wife and kid. My boy suffers from obvious PTSD, he drinks way to much alcohol now, and he has withdrawn from most social activities for the most part. I havent heard from him in a year or so, apparently hes sort of "lost it" according to my other homie who has known him since a kid.

i probably have very naive ideas and views on this, so enlighten me random. Im not some knucklehead who is gonna get mad at you for telling me what i do not want to hear.

If you play your cards right, you can go to school for next to nothing...unless you're trying to get an Ivy League education. Then you need rich parents.

I'm not against people joining the military, but I think it should be a 100% informed decision. That means not believing everything the recruiting office will tell you to get you to sign up, doing independent research, getting everything promised upon signup in writing (even though that has mixed results), etc.

I think too many people get into the rut that you're in and sign the contract without really taking a hard look at what their options are or what they're getting into. Like you said, they need direction or discipline or whatever it is that they're lacking and figure that the military is the place to acquire that...and that's not really what it's about. Discipline is something you have to develop and maintain on your own, the military teaches you how to follow orders...the problem is that people can't always make that distinction.

i agree with what you are saying. its why my thread-opening post was i have 2 paths right now where i can put up with the shit rut i'm in now and do all the things i mentioned i want to do in my own way, in my own time, or i can go into the army.

i'm not really leaning towards going you know, just wondering what people thought. if it helped anyone "get their life together," or if they have extreme mental problems now or whatever the fuck. just wanted some opinions.

my main goal is to learn read learn read and learn some more and do something worthwhile with my life. stop boozing and bullshitting so i dont wake up a decade from now wondering why the fuck i wasted my life.

/endrant

Air Force = a technical job that will pretty much get you a job at any airport

Coast Guard = if you get the right port, you will get to pretty much shoot anything that moves

Army = Some tech jobs if you can cut it, but if you are a dumbass you are going to be a tanker/cook/or dirty leg. Which equals no job

Marines = Same as army except stupider

Navy = Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash

wrong.

nigga just mad cause the marines get it in, and the army is full of faggots...

umad, at the marine corp homie?

i say dont join the army...

my boy is joining and i been trying to convince him otherwise.

fuck bein the governments slave....you dont even get paid that much.

im not sayin i dont have respect for those who do go to war and all that, but its definaltey not for me...

the money isnt worth the risk if you ask me.

And all that talk about how you'll have great job oppurtunities when you come back is bullshit too...

i know this one dude that had great grades and evrything but wanted to go to colllege so he went to the marines, and now he delivers pizza so dont believe everything your recruiter tells you