Should I Join The Army??

MaxRoach

the military can work out well for you if you're an intelligent person. high scores on the asvab can actually get you somewhere.

my good homies brother was a smart motherfucker, went in the navy, got schooled on air traffic control, and now makes $$$ at portland airport.

BUT, you gotta be SMART, not 'military smart'. unless you're a complete fucking retard, the recruiter is gonna suck your dick and tell you your asvab score is "way above average!!"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not take advice from people that have nver been in. Joining the military is going to be a big life change for at least the next few years you are in.

I am currently in the Navy right now. I work on the aviation side doing electronics work on helis. I work on avionics, communications, radar, weapons systems, pretty much anything and everything that is powered by electricity on the bird I have some part in maintaining. If you want good technical training and a lot of versatility look at the navy. The other branches offer the same skills but you tend to learn a much smaller part of it. Which may not look as good on a resume. The Navy offers everything that every other branch does, but a lot of that will depend on your motivation, ASVAP scores , and background. Plus you will get to travel somewhere other than the desert, and your chances are very good of being stationed somewhere on the coast as opposed to, say Kansas or Kentucky, which you may find yourself in in the army or USAF.

I just returned from a six month deployment to Bahrain, where I got paid tax free the entire time and the other benefits added up to me returning with over $30,000 in my savings account I bought a small boat and banked the rest. Other deployments my squadron does have them on hospital ships doing cruises of the Caribbean and south america for a few months at a time. I got jealous when my buddy called me drunk as hell from the Bahamas, and then Costa Rica after that, and Brazil later, let me not forget that they were sharing a ship with a bunch of hot nurses and civilian workers and volunteers. jealous much? I sure as hell was.

I am also receiving tuition assistance right now finishing up my IT degree and then I will work on and hopefully finish a business degree before I get out. Which will leave me with my GI Bill to pay for graduate school. To be clear the new GI Bill that just went through is fucking awesome. read up on it.

It is not all fun and games in the military there are a lot of things that are not that great and most cruises are not going to be awesome, like the one listed above. BECAUSE IT IS THE MILITARY.

If you got your head straight and know what you want to get out of it then do it. If you just want a steady paycheck and plan to get drunk every weekend and in every port you hit then do not waste your time you will hate it. A lot of what you get out of your time in is going to depend on what you put into it. there are many, many benefits that the military offers that most people do not take advantage of and then talk shit about it after they get out and have nothing to show for it.

Do your research. If you live in a small area go to a bigger city and talk to a recruiter there. they usually do not have to worry about not making their quotas to they will be less inclined to twist the facts about what the service has to offer you.

If you are serious about this feel free to PM me after you have spoken to a recruiter.

Also unless you WANT to carry a gun and get shot at do not go into the Army. Look elsewhere

Air Force = Jets n' lasers an shit, dude! NO GAYS FROM THE NAVY OR ARMY.

Coast Guard = There's no tuna at sea. You might as well join the Army if you like gay sex.

Army = If you like having dongs put in your mouth, go Army.

Marines = Bigger guns than the army. Gay, but not as gay as the rangers.

Navy = Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash (BDSM with a bunch of dudes on a boat. Definitely more gay than the army.)

*fixed

my boy joined the marines, hes off to boot camp may 1st.

Hopin he will be all good, hes infantry so you never know what kind of shit hes gonna get into.

if i were to join anything, it would be the airforce. Working on planes and shit. Only after i got some kind of degree, im not going for anything small time.

It all depends on who you are and what you think you can make of it.

I've got homies right now that made it through the marines and came out with a free ride to college (nice private big name college, not no fucking state run extention of high school.)

On the other hand I have a homie that did a federal bid for selling a $20 pill because he was in the Army (and snitches).

If you don't see yourself making the most of it and using it as a crutch because you can't make it in the real world than do not join.

You will regret it.

If you want to make something of yourself and get yourself out of the hood or some no economy dickwater county then do it.

Plenty of people even make a career of it and ball hard off of the Military.

i dont get why random hero is so anti-marines, shit i can understand some rivalry shit, but come on everyone knows that unless you are in delta force or rangers the marines got 90% of the army beat with the amount of action they see.

and another thing i dont get is why Spitfire is such a ball licking dick riding jockstrap slapping faggot?

COD4 is highly entertaining but extremely unrealistic and fake

theres a game coming up called 6 days in fallujah which should be a little more realistic

war is hours and hours of boredom and frustration punctuated by 15 minutes on intense firefights

ive read many memoirs from various wars, vietnam, ww11, iraq, and tahts the general feeling.

alot of people who join for "glory" are quickly disheartened after a few months in the feild

play the hardcore modes...one shot kills and no kill cam

I agree with the person who said dont listen to anybody who is not actually in the military. I just graduated from AIT like 2 weeks ago. I am now a 68W for the army, which is a combat medic. Were there days the army wanted to hang myself in the shower, yes, but overall I would do it again in a heartbeat. Can the military help you with direction in life. Yes. But its like anything else in life. You get what you put into it. Its not for everybody. I got paid to get in shape, and go to school. They are paying $20,000 of my student loans off, and Im getting a $20.000 bonus, half which I get in 2 weeks. You will more than likely get deployed, at this time more than likely to afganistan. But that comes with signing. If you are totally against going to war, dont join. Most of the guys in my platoon are being stationed in Korea. I am a reservist weekend warrior, so I got to go home... There are a lot of jobs in the army with civilian equivalents. I am licensed EMT B now, which is not much. Id have to go to paramedic school to really make money with that, but the GI bill would pay for that If i chose... It really all boils down to getting back what you put into it... Honestly my only regret is not going active and joining the infantry. Do it, if you think its for you...

i love how all of you discount the only people in this thread who know what the fuck they're talking about :rolleyes:

LOL CUZ NIGGAS THATS IN THE ARMY AINT GONNA BE LIKE "THAT SHIT IS FOR SUCKERS" CUZ THEN THEY BASICALLY CALLIN THEMSELVES A SUCKER.

AND THE ARMED FORCES G IS CRAZY. NIGGAS JUICE YOU UP TO THE MAX. YOU SEE THOSE COMMERCIALS? NIGGAS LOOKING MAD CLEANCUT IN THE BOAT COMIN ONTO THE BEACH AND BROTHERHOOD AND FUCKIN HOORAH! AND ALL THAT SHIT...:lol: NIGGAS HAD ME READY TO SIGN UP BUT ME BEING ME I WAS JUST TRYNA SIGN UP FOR THE MONEY AND BUY A HOUSE IN DR AND NOT ACTUALLY DO WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO (FIGHT FOR WHITE PEOPLE OIL) ITS A THREAD ABOUT IT SOMEWHERE...BUT APPARENTLY THEY DONT GIVE YOU NO MONEY UP FRONT, YOU GOTTA GO SHOOT SOME ARAB CHILDREN IN THE FACIAL TO COLLECT SO I WASNT WIT IT...DO WHATEVER YOU WANNA DO HOMIE BUT YO, IF THESE NIGGAS ARE OFFERING YOU 5 FIGURES YOU BEST BELIEVE THEY GONNA MILK THAT SHIT RIGHT THE FUCK OUTTA YOU...ALSO, IF I WANNA HAVE A BORING ASS JOB THAT EVERYONE HATES AND RISK MY LIFE DAILY, ILL BECOME A COP.

SIKE! HAHA! :cool:

AND WHEN I PLAY COD4 I LIKE BEING THE TERRORISTS CUZ THEM NIGGAS SOUND AGGY AS FUCK..."BOMBOLAAA!!!!!" "ALLAHGEHUUUUUUD!!" OR WHATEVER NIGGAS SAY THAT SHIT SOUNDS MAD GULLY. MARINES BE LIKE "FRAG OUT!" "CHANGING MAG!" SOUNDIN MAD NERDY.

THE RUSSIAN NIGGAS SOUND KINDA WILD TOO.