Conan The Barbarian

earl broclo ESQ

Conan the Barbarian is hands down one of the greatest.  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is it just me, or can we just stamp this as a timeless classic that nobody can ever remake.

Also is there anyone who doesn't like this movie? If so, why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUyOJc3V9Wk

Just the soundtrack alone kicks everything's ass. I know I'm a member of the "12oz. AARP society," but when I was a kid this movie got me amped. Still to this day, when I hear the soundtrack, I want to go out and fight a small village alone.

If you've never seen this movie, here's the trailer:

But seriously, has anyone never seen this work of art? Do any of your younger kids think this movie is corny, boring, slow, or it sucks because Vin Diesal isn't the barbarian? I'm just curious if this movie spans all generations.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

conan movies are fuckin awesome. i love when he gets hammered and knocks out camels with one punch.

i remember theres a scene when they're trying to break into a castle or something through a cave, but theres bars on it. and one of the thieves knows its the way to get in and says something like "my brothers cousins brothers sisters cousin escaped this way" and when i broke it down it turned out to just be his cousin or something, so all he really had to say was it was his cousin.

Conan_the_barbarian.jpg

view_320200_1_1233822613.jpg

I came back to the 12 simply for this thread.

Crom count the mother fucking dead because fortune favours the brave.

I have about a zillion Conan Saga, Conan Classic, Conan the Barbarian, etc.... comics back home all boarded, sleeved and boxed. I even have a Conan the Barbarian, No1., embossed, signed and certified...., never opened before. Fucking kick arse.

If there is ever a Conan remake, it should be animated and not for kids.

'Know, o prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars - Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyberborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west. Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.'

Dungeons and Dragons faggoty, the fuck out of here with this.

We roll dice in the hood, but they aint 20 sided.

NIGGA YOU A NERD JUST FOR KNOWING ABOUT SOME 20 SIDED DICE. A WHITE PERSON HAD TO PUT ME ON TO THAT SHIT AND SINCE THEN IVE USED IT IN MANY A SLAYING. :cool:

WHO IS THIS NIGGA THOUGH? OBVIOUSLY ONE OF YALL NIGGAS FUCKIN AROUND.

FUCK YES!!BATTLE OF THE MOUNDS!!

conan.jpg

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

i was watching Repo Man the other day and told the person next to me that Miller was funny as Malak from Conan the Destroyer. he had no idea what the hell i was talking about.

ever since the end of Destroyer i had been hoping Arnie would make a 3rd movie...Conan the King. maybe?