Im starting a law firm

johndoe2008

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can say forget everything you learned in the 'courtroom presence' class... all that shit fails when you get on TV with your ads. I've been thinking for a couple years about drafting a form letter and sending it to all the local lawyers offering cadence lessons and personality coaching.

The thing is, they keep making new commercials so they must be making money, but they still come off like stilted stuffed shirt assholes.

Also, I could use a job as a legal assistant. NOT a paralegal, I am NOT a paralegal but I'm more than a fair investigator and I'm a bit OCD so I like filing and research, hence the investigation skills.

make an offer, don't chase ambulances.

I dont understand, Im not gonna ever make tv ads, id hope not, im just starting.. help me.

i just bought a domain name and am making a site, its hard, looking very amateur.

i need ideas on how to get clients to come to me...

Well, you should consider making tv ads... You should really be considering internet advertising but you need to figure out how to target you locale. What I see happening is law firms sponsor various segments on local news programs and following up by hammering their ads during their respective segments.

Are you sure you're ready for this? You passed the BAR right? Why wouldn't you have tv ads? What's your specialty? That's probably the question (or answer) that could really focus the help towards what you need. Do you realize what it takes to ground up a new law firm w/o some sort of associate experience? If you have the financials to ride for a couple years have you considered working for the PD's office for a few years?

You gotta be somebody people WANT to represent them, and thereby, you gotta BE somebody that people CAN want to represent them.

You still haven't mentioned a specialty.

no specialty. general practce/ full-service law firm. I passed the bar. i cant afford tv ads. Ive worked in 2 firms, but as an assistant, but I learned a lot and will learn as I work...

I considered PD office, theres a long term hiring freeze with them over here, plus Im more into civil then criminal, and dont like gov. work ethic. Ive worked in gov.

yeah, you need to specialize... you also need to spend about 5 years building reputation toward what you'd like to specialize in. General practice is general failure, pick what you like and do it. Don't expect clients to build your niche...

If I add to this thread again I'm gonna expect a (considerable) consulting fee.

as your attorney, I'd advise you to hire me.