Im starting a law firm

johndoe2008

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aren't you the same guy who made a thread like a month ago asking us how to find a lawyer? If so, you sure turned it around from not knowing how to find a lawyer, to getting your degrees and magically becoming a lawyer in that month. great job!

he is the spirit of DIY, dont have a lawyer...fuck it, just become one yourself.

:lol:

I was that same guy, I wanted advertising advice.

Also, is there any way to hang degrees on walls or place them in an office somewhere without nailing the wall or damaging any paint or anything?

cause the office Im gonna use is gonna be shared with others.

I'm starting to think that you're just some 15 year old kid.

Don't make me have to go and sue your parents for your fraudulent activities now. :rolleyes:

I will take business as it comes. So if a criminal case comes in, or a foreclosure or loan modification, Ill take all of them. So no field.

I have very little startup costs, but I need clients.

edit: no I dont work in a law office right now.

Okay, I officially don't believe you.

1. There's no such thing as a GP attorney/law firm. Not now, not ever. Every firm has a niche even if it's somewhat broad-based- for example, there's IP/patent law, immigration law, property law, criminal law, tort law and so on. That's how it works.

2. Law school/bar exam=startup costs (usually to the tune of $80K or so), and that's before you go into practice.

3. What state did you take the bar in/what's your bar number? Where did you go to school? How long did it take? What firm did you intern at?

Okay, I officially don't believe you.

1. There's no such thing as a GP attorney/law firm. Not now, not ever. Every firm has a niche even if it's somewhat broad-based- for example, there's IP/patent law, immigration law, property law, criminal law, tort law and so on. That's how it works.

2. Law school/bar exam=startup costs (usually to the tune of $80K or so), and that's before you go into practice.

3. What state did you take the bar in/what's your bar number? Where did you go to school? How long did it take? What firm did you intern at?

firm.jpg

I can say forget everything you learned in the 'courtroom presence' class... all that shit fails when you get on TV with your ads. I've been thinking for a couple years about drafting a form letter and sending it to all the local lawyers offering cadence lessons and personality coaching.

The thing is, they keep making new commercials so they must be making money, but they still come off like stilted stuffed shirt assholes.

Also, I could use a job as a legal assistant. NOT a paralegal, I am NOT a paralegal but I'm more than a fair investigator and I'm a bit OCD so I like filing and research, hence the investigation skills.

make an offer, don't chase ambulances.