12oz Wii Thread: oontz version

lord_casek

thinking of getting one. mainly for mario and the wii sports package. already got my ps3 for regular gaming.

so i was browsing this thread and got a headache reading about modding, homebrew, gamma shit. not being able to play new games?

memory sucks eh? so you need a SD card for saves an downloads?

Would you guys reccomend it? I mean I hate to spend another 200$ for another console and another $$$ for games ad extra controllers.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my point of view of the wii.

I was playing some of the games that are for the wii, xbox, ps3, etc. on the wii, most of them suck. its better off playing them off on the xbox or ps3. I can name a few, but overall, playing the official wii games like mario, donkey kong,sports/fit/play, etc, now those games are dope.

here is an updated from me.

dont try to mod ur wii to where you can play games off your DVDs. You will waste DVDS because some of the games wont work or either you burnt them wrong.

Using an external Hardrive or any type of memory USB will relief alot of stress. And also, owning an SD card will do wonders. Im playing hella old school games and shit is great.

hold on. let me upload pics to show you.

• Like 1

I found a way to install wii ware games and regular games from Sega to Super Nintendo to N64, etc......

96z0wm.jpg

Right now im hooked to Zelda Parallel Worlds. Its a hack version, so many of you wont know about it. IT IS THE HARDEST GAME IN THE WORLD! no joke. even a gamer like me could not beat it lol. Im doing good, got stuck twice, and now im at a place that requires a lot of brain power and im just annoyed on what i have to do to move on.

Whats Mortal Kombat like?

Its actually pretty fun on the wii. The moves are easy to do with the numchuck and the fatalities. you can still use the remote to play like normal, but i like to stand up and kick some ass.

you have to play quest mode to get all the characters though.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/mortalkombatarmageddon/video/6170806/mortal-kombat-armageddon-official-movie-16-the-wii-experience-

Im trying to play Smash Bros on CFG.

It tells me that CIOS 249 REV 14 has problems with dual layer discs but the game seems to work ok.

I searched on Google but there doesnt seem to be a definitive answer.

Anyone else had this message?

Im trying to play Smash Bros on CFG.

It tells me that CIOS 249 REV 14 has problems with dual layer discs but the game seems to work ok.

I searched on Google but there doesnt seem to be a definitive answer.

Anyone else had this message?

I havent. I do know that when you play that quest mode, it never works or the movies never play right.

I just play it normally. Might end up buying it since its cheap now.

I just picked up a wii a few days ago, I'm glad I looked at this thread before I bought a bunch of games. Can I plug a flash drive into the usb port and play games off that? I have a few SD cards from an old phone, but I think the biggest one is only 512.

Followed the directions on here

http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php

Loaded homebrew. And the DVD one.

Homebrew is a channel now.

Popped in a DVD and couldnt view.

Then did

Wii>Data Management>Channels>SDCard>BannerBomb

Then it said cannot run on this wii or something.

Tried the other three versions of banner bomb on the above link. Now my wii freezes so now I can't search any possible error message. My wii works fine other than that.

My SD card has the private folder then boot.elf and installer.log in the root.

fack. fail.

What exactly are you trying to do?

play dvds?

if you want to mod it so you can play games on usb, THIS is pretty much idiot proof.

Make sure you stick to the instructions and dont fuck about with anything it doesnt tell you too and it will work.

Edit: I reread your post. strange that the wii freezes. go to http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=108 and read a lot i guess. are you definately on 4.2?

I just picked up a wii a few days ago, I'm glad I looked at this thread before I bought a bunch of games. Can I plug a flash drive into the usb port and play games off that? I have a few SD cards from an old phone, but I think the biggest one is only 512.

512 is more than enough for the sd. the files are generally very small,

the size of the usb device is more of an issue.

IF my wii is modded, can I still get updates or will it get bricked?

edit- Alright, more questions.

I had a friend mod my Wii forever ago, and today I was just fucking around and tried to update the homebrew channel and got this message- "This installer can not be completed. There is no known vulnerable IOS installed on this wii. Please note that we will not use a fakesigned IOS due to security reasons. Look for an updated version at: bootmii.org."

I have no clue what any of this shit means, hence why I had my friend mod it... I haven't done anything with the homebrew channel since he modded it, at the beginning of summer 2009.

• 2 weeks later...

i think i am losing my touch,

I need some help getting new super mario bros to work on my wii

wii - v4.2u

Using the WODE hardware modchip.

with the latest firmware 1.21

i need a untouched ISO copy of the game in ntsc-u so I can make a working bca code.

anyone that has the wode, could you please help me figure this out.

i think i am losing my touch,

I need some help getting new super mario bros to work on my wii

wii - v4.2u

Using the WODE hardware modchip.

with the latest firmware 1.21

i need a untouched ISO copy of the game in ntsc-u so I can make a working bca code.

anyone that has the wode, could you please help me figure this out.

Check bitsoup

Check bitsoup

nope all stripped

1 - 9 Type Name WishList Wait DLFiles Comm. Added Size Snatched Seeders Leechers Upped by cat_wii.gif new super mario bros protection stripped

bookmark.gif None [DL] 96 215 2009-11-23

17:47:44 4.38

GB 2,661

times 138 8 ste62012 cat_wii.gif New Super Mario Bros Wii req.ios.truncha FiX Wii-iND

bookmark.gif None [DL] 3 21 2009-11-16

20:46:15 2.54

MB 486

times 17 0 sp0rkeh cat_wii.gif New Super Mario Bros Wii USA Wii-QwiiF(Scrubbed)Patched

bookmark.gif None [DL] 17 63 2009-11-16

09:12:19 674.60

MB 1,497

times 45 0 troberts2431 cat_wii.gif New Super Mario Bros Wii USA main.dol FiX Wii-iND

bookmark.gif None [DL] 4 19 2009-11-16

05:10:41 2.64

MB 272

times 8 0 sp0rkeh cat_wii.gif New Super Mario Bros Wii USA Wii-QwiiF (SCRUBBED)

bookmark.gif None [DL] 13 22 2009-11-15

21:57:36 490.90

MB 392

times 9 0 ScottieB99 cat_wii.gif New Super Mario Bros - Wii- USA Wii-QwiiF

bookmark.gif None [DL] 95 67 2009-11-15

08:51:45 4.33

GB 805

times 19 3 rangerrover cat_wii.gif Tools For New Super Mario Bros ( softmod )

bookmark.gif None [DL] 3 38 2009-11-15

04:37:02 4.15

MB 612

times 20 0 debbie34 cat_wii.gif New Super Mario Bros - Wii - PAL - Wii-BAHAMUT

bookmark.gif None [DL] 97 85 2009-11-12

06:18:09 4.33

GB 1,240

times 46 2 rangerrover cat_wii.gif New Super Mario Bros scrubbed

bookmark.gif None [DL] 10 127 2009-11-07

07:54:12 375.86

MB 1,171

times 14 1 char1981