12oz Wii Thread: oontz version

lord_casek

hacks/mods/homebrew/games/mii's

post 'em.

how to mod your wii for homebrew

twilight/downgrade/starfall

(stolen from another site)

Wii's with a serial number starting with "LU64" cannot downgrade.

I know most of you here dont know me, but I am posting this in the hopes only to help out people who are otherwise having trouble. This Tutorial can be done in whole or in part, for example if you wish to downgrade to 3.2 but dont want starfall and dont want gamma channel, feel free to stop after the firmware downgrade is complete. Feel free to hit the Thanks button, if this post helped you smile.gif

This is *MY* attempt at noob-proof instructions on how to get Gamma installed on your wii.

Any questions, comments, missing credits etc can send via PM to EmperorOfcanada at GBATemp.net

Some parts of this tutorial require an internet connection / Wifi connection with your wii.

*DISCLAIMER*

I WILL TAKE ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY WII’S THAT GET BRICKED DURING THIS PROCESS. PROCED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

CREDITS:

A_running_pir8 - October 23rd Wii Fix has helped many many people. Thanks! This wasnt possible without you.

RadioShadow - Your guide inspired this one. My intention was to make your excellent guide even more fool proof. Thanks!

Team Twiizers - Twilight hack. Youve come through for us yet again.

Wiigator - Duh. cant forget you smile.gif

DJtaz - Yours is my favorite loader, so its the one I use in this tutorial.

You can download files needed for this guide here.

[Homebrew channel install with Twilight Hack]

+Copy over the save file for your version of Zelda.

**NOTE If you are on firmware 3.4 ONLY, you must delete data.bin and rename Twilight3.4.bin to data.bin before

you copy it over. This ensures you are using the correct version of the hack. You must run Zelda right after you

copy the hack over or the system menu will delete it and you will have to copy it over again.

+Once the hacked save file is copied over, run Zelda. Talk to the nearby man or walk backwards to initiate

the install of the homebrew channel (which is the boot.dol in the root of your SD card)

Congrats, you should now have Homebrew Channel installed!

[sTEP 1] [Perform these steps ONLY you are already on 3.3 or 3.4 otherwise Skip to Step 2]

+Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad

Yes, even if you have received errors trying to install other wads this should still work.

+Load Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad

You cannot install this wad with Wad Manager. This is a custom wad manager designed to work for IOS16.

+Load IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.

**Note: This is NOT the same as the cIOS downgrader. The cIOS downgrader allows you to upgrade or downgrade to the ideal firmware

version which is 3.2. The reason 3.2 is so popular is partially because versions after this one had the Trucha bug fixed, and almost

as importantly ver 3.2 is required to run Starfall. Starfall is important because it is at this time one of the only ways to fix a

partially bricked Wii. It is also handy for skipping disk updates.

[sTEP 2] [Perform these steps if you are NOT on version 3.2. If you ARE on 3.2, skip to STEP 3]

+Load cIOS Downgrader in Homebrew channel MAKING SURE you PICK YOUR CORRECT REGION. Follow prompts until done.

3.2U = USA/Canada, 3.2E = Europe, 3.2J = Japan

**Note: Once again, this is NOT the same as IOS Downgrader. This is what will upgrade or downgrade you to version 3.2 firmware

which will allow you to install starfall. Starfall is important because it is at this time one of the only ways to fix a

partially bricked Wii. It is also handy for skipping disk updates.

[sTEP 3] [You should now be on version 3.2 for your region. You're almost done!]

+Load Starfall with Homebrew Channel.

If you read the disclaimer carefully, you will see you are instructed to press B+1 and not B+2. Press B+1 until you get to the next

screen. It is very picky so dont be surprised if you have to keep pressing it a number of times.

At the next screen the most important things to install are the last 3 options. Many people like to just install everything which

is okay too.

+Run cIOS Installer in Homebrew Channel.

This installs the IOS needed by the launcher.

+Load "Install Shop IOS51". Say Yes to installing IOS51 and Yes to patching a fix but No to the Wii Shop Channel.

+Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install:

DjTaz_gamma_Loader.wad - This will give you a Gamma launcher channel. You can skip this if you prefer to launch backups from HBC or wish to install a different channel loader.

You can also optionally install IOS38, as in some cases it is needed to run Animal Crossing.

DONE!

error #002 fix (gamma loader)

Gamma (and official SoftChip) users:

1. Get bailli's Generic Wii Patcher 1.2

2: Extract the main.dol from the .iso, partition 2, with your prefered method (WiiScruber or Trucha Signer)

3: Patch it with the Generic Wii Patcher 1.2

4: Put the patched main.dol into the .iso (replace)

5: Fake sign the .iso (right click over the partition 2 and trucha sign it; WiiScrubber doesn't need to sign)

6: Burn the .iso

7. Run the game with Gamma

backup wii games

http://www.instructables.com/id/Backup_Wii_Games_on_any_Wii/

more later.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you guys don't see any need for this, lemme know something.

otherwise, i'll continue to show you how to make your wii useful

and download/burn/copy wii games for free, install homebrew, etc.

i don't play with mine much, but i have a ton of games and whatnot installed.

also, may be willing to share my mii friend id deal. oontz league style.

sounds interesting, never heard of anything like this.. sorry im a new to this, but what would cause a wii to "brick" or mess up?

messing up your firmware by not knowing how to install homebrew etc properly.

it's very easy to do. all you have to do is read and have the required stuff (zelda twilight original game, an sd card, reading skills)

i'm down to answer any questions anyone has about doing this.

dang casek, Ive been pondering the thought of doing this for quite some time but im petrified of the brick. Tough call.

dude, it's not hard at all, and the chances of you bricking by following this guide are slim to none.

ask away. i felt comfortable enough to do it and had no problems.

the guide has you install a brickblocker, too.

I just read this thread and I have no idea wtf is going on in here...Is this so you can play bootleg copies of wii games?

yes. among being able to play dvd's, mp3's, homebrew games, youtube vids, webserver, ftp server... etc. etc.

it makes your wii a lot cooler to play with.

I just recently softmodded my old original XBOX with the XBOX Media Center hack, and it's fucking incredible what it can do. My old useless machine which used to sit collecting dust is now a great media center connected with my pc. I got rid of any cable TV and just stream shows via navi-x script.

Well in that case I might just try it...Now if I knew somebody with some cheap games for sale, I'd be in business.

if you have highspeed internets, you can download games at places like bitsoup.org and thepiratebay

NTSC is what you're looking for, but a softmodded wii can play pal, as well.