What's The Last Movie You Saw: The Sequel

shaolinmasta

Crazy Rich Asians is a 2018 American romantic comedy-drama film directed by Jon M. Chu, from a screenplay by Peter Chiarelli and Adele Lim, based on the 2013 novel of the same title by Kevin Kwan. The film stars Constance Wu, Henry Golding, Gemma Chan, Lisa Lu, Awkwafina, Ken Jeong, and Michelle Yeoh. It follows a Chinese-American professor who travels to meet her boyfriend's family and is surprised to discover they are among the richest in Singapore.

Quick Facts Crazy Rich Asians, Directed by ...

The film was announced in August 2013 after the rights to the book were purchased. Many of the cast members signed on in the spring of 2017, and filming took place from April to June of that year in parts of Singapore, Malaysia and New York City. It is the first film by a major Hollywood studio to feature a majority cast of Chinese descent in a modern setting since The Joy Luck Club in 1993. Despite such praises, the film received some criticism for casting biracial actors over fully ethnically Chinese ones in certain roles. Additional criticism was also directed at the film for failing to acknowledge Singapore's multiracial demographic by including other Singaporean ethnic groups—such as Malay and Indian actors—as characters, as well as perpetuating cliche stereotypes of East and Southeast Asia880072073_CrazyRichAsiansposter-1.png.a74e263bbae8d76a7b6278ec38b65d99.pngns.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Top Gun Maverick really restored the feeling  greatest movie I've seen in years. Tom Cruise really is the GOAT------

The credits are rolling right now 

When that old school Top Gun theme played at the beginning a tear was shed

This really restored the feeling and took you back to a time when real movies were still being made. I love Marvel as much as the next man but Scorsese has a point. We are missing soul in our movies nowadays.

Tom Cruise really came and threw it back to a different time, a better time. 

I was prepared for this to be a blatant rip off of the first movie but good lord, it wasn't

Incredible story. Incredible casting. 

If you haven't seen it, you're pouring jelly on yourself. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Black panther 2 wakanda forever and ever bootleg cam with shitty watermarks all over it.

10/10 for the 20 minutes I made it through until I turned it off cause the cam video and audio was hella bad.

Watched Gundam Hathaway instead and it's a solid throwback to Gundam 80s era spy vs spy in wartime political theater.

p19950075_p_v13_aa.jpg

Also all the war crimes and slapping ho's who get out of line.

On 11/7/2022 at 2:24 PM, metronome said:

I saw some poor reviews of that on twitter, but I think it had more to do with the film just borrowing the book's name and some of the characters and then doing absolutely whatever they wanted with them? 

I haven't read the book since high school but i thought it seemed fairly faithful to the characters.

Definitely was a bit of licence with the plot but think the ending in the movie plays up the futility of the western front in World war 1.

• Like 1