What's The Last Movie You Saw: The Sequel

shaolinmasta

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 5/31/2020 at 6:35 PM, metronome said:

Mel Gibson, Don Johnson, Vince Vaughn, Tory Kittles, Michael Jai White, and Jennifer Carpenter in Dragged Across Concrete (2018)

Had never heard of it. Watched it last night. I enjoyed it. Love Neo Noir crime movies. Was a bit over indulgent at times and the ending didn’t do it for me but really liked the rest. 

Good movie 

• Like 1

My sons.....Have you ever been so furious at a movie only to end up LOL'ing at yourself for being the dumb motherfucker who actually sat and watched said movie? Yes...Cool? I know everyone even remotely fond of movies has done it at some point. Well guys. I'm no master critic but god dammit man, sometimes I am besides myself on how shit made it to such huge platforms. Surely there are folks in here aware that shudder might not be the crem de la crem (however tf you spell it) but I can't even believe it actually got funded. Let alone get to where its at currently. Don't ask me why I even bothered. I'll tell you anyways. I have a little old where I absolutely have to start a movie or a show when I sit down to eat dinner unless it's a table night or out. I pick the first thing that catches my eye even a little and start it as I pick up the fork. It's ridiculous but 100% mandatory or I can't begin to eat. I thought I would be really bad/good like that truth or dare shit but naaaaaaa. This has to be the worst movie ever. (in 2020)

MV5BZmMxZGQ4MjAtNjE4OC00MTNjLTk3MzUtY2Iw

• Props 1

8 hours ago, metronome said:

River's Edge (1986)

Meh.  Crispin Glover unintentionally pretty funny. 

classic.

iirc i’d posted that one in the guess this movie thread. you should jump on there, some oontzers have great taste and post some good ones

• 3 weeks later...

image.jpeg.399f661c27332d093a3a48cbf0c2534a.jpeg

Ok. As a enormous Lebowski fan I have been looking forward to the manifestation of this film for what feels like years. It has been actual years and some. The buzz came back around not long ago and I knew it was going down then I heard nothing for a while again. Randomly stumble across it on the fire stick last night and got super excited....Not at all what I was expecting but I did enjoy it in the way it was supposed to be enjoyed I think. Turturro, did something very different and energetic here. Was like a strange, gay, heavily sexually charged Latino Bonnie and Clyde. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

1 hour ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

What did you think, dawg? I loved it. Bias, being a big spike fan but I thought it was executed perfectly. 

I'm not a Spike fan.  He always includes that 'in the face' shot somewhere in every movie, and while that's kind of his signature, I find it kind of cheesy now, needs better writing for when he does it and how he uses it IMO.  Also not a big fan of his randomly throwing news clips into his films to help make a point that is already obvious, I just find it kind of disruptive, like there's documentaries for that.  Overall though, I liked it.  Felt it lent a rarely provided black perspective to the Vietnam/jungle fighting genres.  Nam fucked up a lot of black guys too but you usually only see a token one of those dudes backing up Arnold Schwarzenegger or something.  It seemed pretty well shot too.  Might watch it again if someone had it on or something but might not seek it out to see again otherwise.  I'd give it the bottoms of 2 High Life's up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...