TEAM BACON - part deux

Drue_Down

Tried a bacon maple donut today. Really looking forward to it since seeing it on the Food Network on various shows.

To be honest im quite ashamed to say it was kinda gross. The bacon was smokey which was good but the whole sweet/salty combo wasnt really that great.

Sorry.

/yesashamed

ps heres a shitty phone pic. i'll upload a better shot later.

756092409_kpDzN-M.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ef88d566e961__1262004556000.jpg

988d5fb40bb9__1262005740000.jpg

went to peter lugers last week. been there several times before and never noticed bacon on the menu, but i saw a server bring out a plate...

so i ordered 2 strips with a steak. un fuggin beeleevuble.

and pistol voodoo donut in portland does their maple bacon donuts correct, so dont get bummed. you make it up there head downtown portland burnside bridge area i think.

I recently discovered a restaurant/sports bar catering to bacon afficianados like myself.

www.slaters5050.com

Specialty is the 50/50 burger made with 50% ground beef and 50% ground bacon.

3 sizes 1/4 lb, 1/3 lb, up to 1lb after cooking. Got the 1lb'er for the father in law. (he's a big dude and couldnt eat half) /nh They also have 'mancakes' /nh which is pancakes with bacon in the pancake. I'll probably try them next weekend.

The monstrosity.

762023474_gDycy-M.jpg

Close-up shot trying to catch a good shot of the patty.

762023506_MDGtq-M.jpg

Also this was the donut I attempted to eat the other day taken with a better camera.

762023555_nmD4C-M.jpg

762023615_LtQj2-M.jpg

The glaze was thick and white /nh and kinda reminded me of the cold bacon grease/fat in a can on the stove so it was kinda difficult to enjoy.

Although I shouldnt have to /nh when speaking of bacon, /nh the whole post.

i've ate bacon for the past 5-6 days, bacon broccoli , bacon/bacon fat fried potatoes , bacon and eggs x 2, bacon/ bacon grease soaked toast, then a new thing, fried bacon slices fat and all pour into a pot of mac & cheese. mmmmmm , i don't eat much meat but i can't give up bacon.

• 3 months later...

when i worked in the stock room at macy's one of those grills fell off the shelf onto my head. them shit's are pretty heavy.

also, i showed my girl this thread last night, specifically the pizza bacon burger. she leaves the room for a while and comes back with a mini version. deep dish singles, burger, bacon and cheese. no bacon dreamcatcher, but still, it was a pretty rad thing for her to do.

We had a bacon dinner party for my buddy's birthday the other night. I can't find pics, but to recap, we had:

Venison & Bacon burgs w/ local made bacon chedder cheese, topped with bacon cole slaw

Bacon mashed potatoes w/ bacon & beer gravy

Grilled bacon wrapped asparagus and squash

Bacon and leek mac & cheese

Bacon dips- guacamole & spinach-artichoke

Bacon & cream cheese croissants

Dark chocolate and candied bacon cupcakes

Bacon infused peanut butter mousse

and the birthday dude made bacon infused whiskey, served on the rocks with angostura and bacon infused maple syrup.

I think i'm forgetting a few dishes, but it was a heavy meal, indeed.

when i worked in the stock room at macy's one of those grills fell off the shelf onto my head. them shit's are pretty heavy.

also, i showed my girl this thread last night, specifically the pizza bacon burger. she leaves the room for a while and comes back with a mini version. deep dish singles, burger, bacon and cheese. no bacon dreamcatcher, but still, it was a pretty rad thing for her to do.

Wifey material

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...