The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, first thing I thought of when I saw it as well. I'd expect so as it's not disguised at all, it's a direct copy. I forgot to look at the time.

In Australia each state has it's traditional beers: NSW/Tooheys, Vic/Carlton, QLD/XXXX, etc. South Australia is Coopers. The rest of the state beers are cheap piss but Coopers is a high-quality beer. I had a 15 hour day this week, which ended in a large dinner (conference style, 250 people). A coopers was put in front of me and at that point in time it was the perfect beer and nothing could have tasted better.

I think my fave reds remain Capital Evil Eye and BentSpoke Rednut. They are less Celtic Reds and more a red IPA. And yes, I know your feelings on the style guide and whatnot but a Red IPA is basically a hoppier red with a little less emphasis on the malt. Picture a milder American IPA with the crystal malt stuff - a cross between the two that is really nice.

Yeah I am just a spectator anyway doesn't really matter what I think. I'm softening in my old age. If they are making good beer and you're enjoying it. Doesn't really matter. When style guideline judging is created on the back of a couple or sometimes one brand it does irk me. But that too I will get over.

As for heavy adjunct beers they are very hit and miss and almost always the work of black hats rather than the poor bastards that have to brew the stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_5270.thumb.JPG.0286f6146f55750f5474f64d1d2f27dc.JPG

Might have posted the Bling before. Usual US IPA, herby, bitter-sweet, syrupy and strong.

The Coopers Sparkling is the Pale Ale's big brother. Fuller, more bitter flavour with 5.8 booze points. High-quality beer, still amazes me that this is a generic beer that is now an Australian export. It really bucks the trend, most export beers are all brand and shite quality. This one is the complete opposite.

IMG_5264.thumb.JPG.415c007b3049747ce5e97ade1c13a8a6.JPG

IMG_5265.thumb.JPG.1d942610ed5629a3de07020a6344fed2.JPG

IMG_5266.thumb.JPG.70295668d4414a5fa9ab2e37f8b6878c.JPG

IMG_5267.thumb.JPG.17ba82b9fb7a6cec6e2a95c23a7a7742.JPG