The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Nope. No locations within 50 miles of me.

The difference I notice in most whites is the amount of carbonation. I am not a fan of carbonation and notice it more on mass produced beers of all types.

I can't remember the name of it, but I had a unfiltered white in Italy. By far my favorite.

Probably never have it again.

• 1 month later...
Hello....

Any Destruction League folks in here on Beer Advocate? I would appreciate some assistance...

also. The Sam Adams Rebel is delicious.

I really wanted to hate it.

But its really fucking drinkable.

What do you want to do?

I got a keg of Deschutes River Ale yesterday. My wife likes it and I do too. But I it was a toss between that and the Rebel. My decision point was that I like Deschutes better than Sam Adams . I might do the rebel next time.

Haven't posted in here in a while, been to a Beligain Beerfest and several other beer activities since then. Some highlights:

Panil Divina- who knew the Italians were capable of making delicious sours? I've been a fan of the Barriquee for a while but Divine might be taking its place: light blonde colored classic saison tartness but w/ more body than your average saison

Perennial La Bohme - apparently out of Michigan, these guys can make a hell of a sour, first time trying them and on draft no less. Sour cherries and various sour yeasts, full bodied yet light w/ a good tartness and sour cherry flavor

Millstone - local favorites, these guys have been blowin' up the craft cider game around here, truly fantastic meads & ciders. My favorites are Thislte (sour brett apple cyser), Funky Plum (tart plum mead), & Bonfire (apple cider w/ fish pepper chilies). Hope they get more recognition because they're definitely on the right path. Check them out here: http://www.millstonecellars.com/our-products/

• 2 weeks later...