The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would work in a inlay, but not in solid thick wood. Inlay of 1/8" or less would be fine.

Cutting boards get beat up and the highly decorative ones, usually do not last years. Water generally is destructive to wood in the long term. End grain to long grain gluing is also generally a big no no.

Inlay is a whole different beast.

one-nation-under-the-influence-1.jpg

What is Each State’s Beer of Choice?

In a recent study conducted by Blowfish, a new hangover cure, and AMP, a third party research firm,

5,249 drinkers across the nation were surveyed for various questions regarding the beer preference and intake.

The graph below contains the results for the favorite beer by each state.

Despite Bud Lite being the so called ‘King of Beers’, Blue Moon was actually the favorite in this survey.

http://intoxicationnation.forhangovers.com/#topbeers

yeah chicago is miller lite.

americans love drinking piss.

but who did they ask for this survey? bro dogs at college?

who cares what they like? hipsters like pabst blue ribbon. just like punks used to drink schlitz.

they are welcome to take an empty cup with them and scoop the sludge from the bottom of the urinal any day.

A Texas brewery is being criticized for its beer slogan that some say promotes "rape culture."

Deep Ellum Brewing is selling its American Blonde Ale beer with an image on the can of a doll wearing a blonde wig with the slogan, "goes down easy," as part of a marketing campaign to celebrate a year since the drink was first released.

While the craft beer industry has no shortage of clever, if not slightly offensive labels, Genevieve Cato,who writes for the political blog Burnt Orange Report, says this one goes too far.

"Shouldn't we expect more of our local Texas breweries than to rely on rape culture to sell their beer?"

She points to the company’s Facebook page which posted a picture of a van with the logo emblazoned on the side, sparking a slew of angry comments.

“You need to look no further than the comments on their Facebook picture to see the way advertising like this fuels the acceptability of rape culture in our society,” she wrote. “It is completely unacceptable, and unnecessary, for breweries to continue to use this kind of language to sell their products."

Deep Ellum owner John Reardon said that the rape culture claim went too far. “We knew the play on words there,” he told the Dallas Observer.

Reardon says he will drop the marketing if enough people are upset.

“If there are women out there who are offended, then we should apologize," he added.

Many took to the company’s Facebook page to vent their anger at Deep Ellum Brewery. One Facebook user wrote: “For as long as you continue that incredibly offensive campaign, I will boycot (sic) any bar that carries your beer!!”

But others insisted that the company should not fall victim to “social media rants.”

“Change nothing, you've done nothing wrong. People will always complain about everything, no matter what it is. Do you really think you'll sell more beer by people not reading the van? Don't let one person on a crusade to label anything male with "rape culture" steer the marketing of your great beer company,” wrote another user.

Deep Ellum has not yet responded to FoxNews.com's request for comment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

usually i'd post this shit to the nonsense thread but beer.

Scary to think of how this epidemic would go unnoticed without the aid of social media. Went to Chicago this past weekend had some good beers. One of the most hop obsessed city's I've been to, everything is some sort of IPA or American Pale Ale, I even got the hoppiest hefeweizen I've ever had courtesy of Half Acre Beer Co. Enjoyed a lot of 3 Floyds though which cannot be gotten where I live at all. Also got to taste an Allagash Merveilleux finally after being denied at the brewery a few months ago.

Had some sort of passion fruit hefeweizen at a random bar there too, I think the brewery name had lizard in it or something like that? It was fantastic, slightly tart, not overwhelmingly fruity, anyone know the beer I'm talking about, had little luck googling?

I will be going to this tomorrow:

http://www.thetrappist.com/events.php

BFM Cuvee Alex Le Rouge

Prairie Ales Prairie Bomb

Evil Twin Even More Jesus

Port Santa's Little Helper

Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break

Omnipollo Agamemnon

North Coast Old Rasputin XV

Midnight Sun Moscow Rye

Drakes Zinful Drakonic

Struise Black Berry Albert

Emelisse Creme Imp Stout

Drake’s Blue Bottle

Struise Black Berry Albert

Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch "Weasel"

Firestone Velvet Merkin BA Imperial Oatmeal Stout

There's a couple on that list that a few of you should be salivating over.

Anyone know if CountChoc still lives across the street from the trappist?

Elysian Pumpkin Fest tonight, only pumpkin beer of theirs I've enjoyed was Dark 'o the Moon, we'll see.

PUMPKIN FILLED CASKS

Elysian Dark o Moon-We charred and Bourbon soaked the Pumpkin before filling.

Elysian Night Owl-a Pumpkin Ale from a Pumpkin

DRAFTS

Elysian Night Owl

Elysian Dark o Moon

Elysian Plumkin

Elysian Punckuccino

Elysian Purple Pumpkin Eater

Elysian Great Pumpkin

Elysian Calatrava

Elysian Mr Yuck

Elysian Great Gherkin

Elysian Hansel & Gretel