The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tried 211 and Huricane for the first time over the wknd

hurricane tasted like pool water but 211 wasnt too bad

so spoiled w micro growing up in so cal... :haha:

had king cobra for the first time the other day. wasnt nearly as bad as i had imagined.

there needs to be a malt liquor thread.

do you guys hate "wood barrel/whiskey barrel" beers as much as i do? that shit SMELLS and it's not great to drink.

I like all those micros etc but hard times call for broke nurga beers.

been drinking these because I skate to the gas station next door

My boy was skating with glass bottle, fell ans it ruined his wrist hand, pierced an artery and was bleeding out on the street... hes okay gonna go check on him tomorow. Hes in art school and his hand is ruined like meat grinder

Miller32ozRedWhiteBlue0512.jpg

I think I'm going by the bruery tomorrow.

Toronado San Diego is doing some big things on saturday.

Particularly, their 25th anniversary ale, and the last sixtel of Cable Car 2011 is going on around noon sometime.

I'm trying to convince a friend to drive us down. If you can go, I suggest going. There's gonna be tons of other good taps and bottles on.

Also, barrel aged beers are fucking delicious. But it is important that the right beer goes on the right wood.

• 2 weeks later...

Lurker- i had black tuesday, grey monday, and chocolate rain in a side by side a few weeks ago at the Bruery Tasting room. I was there to pick up reserve society allotments for some friends in texas.

It was interesting. I preferred chocolate rain, then black tuesday, then grey monday. I thought the hazelnuts were underplayed, while still subverting the fullness of the black tuesday itself. So, I was pretty mehh, on it.

Just realised it's a 'complex' list. Haha.

Yeah, not taking that list too seriously being that Marc Ecko's crew created it but how are you going to leave Bell's off that list.

I mean, Russian River, Three Floyds, Anchorage, Cascade, Ninkasi and I could name a dozen more who deserve to be on there but Bells is a mainstay in the US craft beer market.

Savor is a dope event, they moved it to NYC this year and hopefully bringing it back to DC again in the future.

@protester, There are typically 50 to 70 US breweries that present at Savor. That list was just some beer dude who named his personal "25 best"

For Jimmy Carbone owner of Jimmy's #43 and host of Beer Sessions Radio on Heritage Radio, the list of top breweries means more than just top sales or top sellers. He also takes into consideration the brewers' creativity, their full line of impressive beers and even just the beers that he's delighted to find in any restaurant, pub, or bottle shop. He shared his picks for the best 25 breweries in America with us.

Thanks ag. I guess people are entitled to put whoever they want on their list.. Drinking acme pale right now on a cold Victoria morning.

pilsners would be a hard sell in the states in sure, but to the people that drink shit from the bug two, pils can be a great stepping stone to flavour. Bit different if your norm is chugging hop bomb IPA some

Lurker- i had black tuesday, grey monday, and chocolate rain in a side by side a few weeks ago at the Bruery Tasting room. I was there to pick up reserve society allotments for some friends in texas.

It was interesting. I preferred chocolate rain, then black tuesday, then grey monday. I thought the hazelnuts were underplayed, while still subverting the fullness of the black tuesday itself. So, I was pretty mehh, on it.

Rad! I've had BT and CR but I've yet to try Grey Monday, that picture was my buddies bottle he got from his alottment. That's one of my elusive white buffaloes i haven't gotten a hold of. I'm thinking of signing up for the society when they open registration this fall.

I do a whole lot of trading on beeradvocate so I'm constantly getting new stuff.

Cheers all!

• 2 weeks later...