The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried Founder's Scotch Ale and I didn't like it. It's the first and probably only scotch ale I'll ever have. Tastes like morning breath after pounding beers and drinking whiskey all night. I'm sure some of you dig the style, but that shit does not appeal to me.

brewery_ommegang_bottles_new.jpg

I wrote off Ommegang's dubbel and quad years ago when I still liked sweet wheat beers with no backbone, retried it recently and really dug it. They have Witte and BPA on tap at the watering hole I frequent after work, they're both alright, nothing too special. They've got a "Game of Thrones" blonde ale coming out that I'm trying to find.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5ZH7r08RJ64krU7mqoOdNbVRP_oCF84s-EWXVhUjl8_56FCcOow

Speaking of sweet wheat beers, my buddy gave me one of these to try. No bueno.

i really don't understand this current trend of taking x style, adding y ingredient and being proud of coming up with some bottle of piss that they think redefines the style.

those faggots at Rogues are the worst, Maple Bacon Doughnut beer...craft beer my ass and these dicks are riding the wave of hipster faggotry all the way to the bank.

Liked it.

stone-collaborations-perfect-crime-saison.png

Way too sweet. I had higher hopes but was overwhelmed by that sweetness.

Weyerbacher-Insanity-570x491.jpg

Liked it

FF_AbbeyDubbel_brand2.jpg

Vast in character is right. I think a lil too much was going on with this beer. Didnt hate it but it sure was weird.

dfh1.jpg

Very smooth. I was shocked because I was expecting a slap in the face with hops yet it was balanced well.

foundersdevildancer275.jpg

I loved this one. Founders has really impressed me as of late.

1-16-2012-1-20-11-PM.png

Perfect crime is drinking well right now. How about the ImmortAle? i've got a few in the cellar, but not sure if this one is better with age or fresher.

Like the bottle says its very complex. I mean I found it hard to enjoy because the flavors were everywhere. Could be because its young and does need a bit of age to balance out. If already have some why not give it a year and let us see how it goes.

Aging beer is a mindset, I drink and brew lots of Barleywines, Imperial stouts, Black lagers and such. I just have to get in to the mindset of "it's not done yet". Like no matter how hungry you are you don't eat under cooked chicken, you wait for it to cook thru, same thing for me with aging beers. In the long run it really is worth it, some of the comparisons that I have done are just mind-blowing. The Deschutes Abyss Imperial Stout is a prime example. I aged the 08, 09 & 10 releases, I drank a 22 the day I bought them, then again over a year later. Before it was aged it was kinda hard to drink, really boozey and over sweet, but after aging it was like black silk.