The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds delish. Finally got my hands on some narwhal, it is awesome. Made the mistake of drinking all four in one sitting. I was ready to break in to my own house and start stealing my own shit.

haha. it is that dark.

i tried infusing horseradish w/ vodka and went a bit heavy... its delicious, and has some notes i would never expect from horsey, but if you breathe while its on your tongue you feel like you're going to die. the jalapeno and ginger turned out awesome, trying ginger whiskey now, should be ready on xmas day.

had the firestone walker velvet merlin today, its alright, the first couple drinks have a tart bite to them that mellowed out by the time i was done w/ the neck. its good, but i wouldn't go out of my way for it. (i'd also been drinking various vodkas and highlifes all morning before, so its possible my palate was fucked)

fist666- im running a little late on shipping it to you. having some stuff going on. but wait until you see the extras im sending you, you will flip your lid. cheers!

no worries man, i may have overstocked for the holidays and my brother decided to go sober for january so i'm doing just fine.

i'm drinking a powder hound from big sky brewing in montana, it's a red ale quite good alcohol content hoppy with spruce notes. not my first choice but prly a good beer for gatherings with a side of powder ;)

besides that just some shit like stella, beer is not so appealing to me in winter.. i'm about the wine

I don't even know what to call what we made today. Collaboration brew with a couple of other brewers, they are over in my little corner of Australia for a festival called 'south bound' so, I think we've decided on 'South Bound & Gagged' as the title.

Nailed 1058 a/boil, ran some Nottingham at it, about 300G of hops into a 60L boil......

......should be reasonably insane.

Oh. 2kg of Caraffa Special Type II..... blacker than DMX, for real.

^ I had LH Ambidextrous the other night, that packs a punch. Two on an empty stomach and I was buzzing right along.

So for Christmas my sister sprung on this "beer of the month" thing...for 6 months I get a box of something like 6-12 beers from local (in this case NY) breweries delivered to my door. It's gonna be fun.

Yes.

As you wish

Where do I begin? The first word that comes to mind when I think of Redbreast Whiskey is... heavenly. It is bar none the best whiskey I've ever had the pleasure of drinking. I was introduced to it at a bar last winter and have been hooked ever since. It's the only whiskey I have the confidence of drinking neat. It gives a smooth, sweet carmel/vanilla taste. A bottle usually runs around $50. WELL WORTH IT. I've read several reviews where they compare other whiskeys in this price range and Redbreast always comes out on top. It's also the only Single Pot Still left. Cracked.com seemed to like it too

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-complete-lunatics-guide-to-5-best-sipping-whiskeys/

irish_red1.jpg

Side note: If you're ever in the market for a disgustingly expensive whiskey... this seems to be the site...http://www.whiskymarketplace.com/12-year-old-whisky#!/all-bottles/309+/all-ages/all-abv/all-vintages/all-years/all-types/all-countries/large-bottles/in-stock/not-grouped/price/desc/all-distilleries/