Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
H. Lecter

The Beer Thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i like that harpoon label.

while everyone is talking about it: i have yet to have a pumpkin beer that i thought was great, maybe i don't like pumpkin enough, but i just don't think its a flavor profile that should be balanced. sure, some are better than others, but i'd rather drink a beer thats 'all good' instead of 'good for a pumpkin.'

I hate when they serve pumpkin beer with sugar and cinnamon on the rim of the glass at a bar. Taste good I guess, but your hand gets sticky from the sugar and it makes you look like a puss puss.

Thanks for the tips everyone, found an awesome store that has a great variety and a build your own six pack.

My adventure has begun!

I will post up my pick for the night when I get off work.

but i'd rather drink a beer thats 'all good' instead of 'good for a pumpkin.'

This. I think I was conflating "autumn beer" with "pumpkin beer." Heavy and spicy all day, sure; but no more squash in my beer.

And yes, both Rogue and Dogfish are getting to be pretty "hip" breweries... doing shit that is more for show (DFH Midas Touch anyone?) and "experimentation" than anything. I'll still drink Dead Guy if it's on draft but that other stuff feels like it's resting on fake laurels.

Got a bunch to post tonight...

Mr.CarWreck i am incredibly sad to hear that you dumped half the bottle. I love me a pumking... but i enjoy pumpkin pie in liquid form, complete with graham-flavored goodness, high ABV, and whip creams.

Mr.CarWreck, super sorry to hear that you didn't like the Pumking... maybe your bottle was skunked. I would still recommend the Fireside Chat by 21st Ammendment. Shit really reminds me of a Pumking, sans squash, as far as the spice profile. A shitload more of a brown ale, as well.

i might have to try that fireside when i go up to the bay for thanksgiving.

speaking of...

trappist/beer rev thanksgiving meet up? (not on the day itself).

... complete with graham-flavored goodness, high ABV, and whip creams.

That's what it was... graham. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. I'm all for the ABV but the rest, pshht. And whip cream? C'mon... next you'll be on this stuff:

alcohol-infused-whipped-cream.png

and not just for the hip-hop fonts.

Also, living in Pennsylvania, we don't sell beer in most supermarkets

Yeah, fuck your state dude. Was there a while back, a little difficult to come away with anything good, had to hunt for shit.

Had that Harpoon the other day, thought it was poor for a Belgian (style).

On the Pumpking, if you're expecting pumpkin pie you will be very disappointed. It does have those elements to it, but it's kind of chocolatey too.

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

Chinese Lager .. Lucky Beer 4.8% - Got it purely for the look of the bottle and it was cheap but has actually turned out to be a somewhat tasty, easy to drink brew for the warm weather.

Not the greatest but its enjoyable.

my favorite thai place has that stuff and i have yet to try it because they also have stone, anderson valley, and a few other great beers. i just assume chinese beer is going to suck.

f061570c06fc11e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

Today has been eventful so I got me some waggle dance honey beer innit