Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daniel Dumielle

The Beer Thread

finally got around to trying my stone "cali-belgique"

was kind of disappointing. i wanted it to have a heavier ipa influence than belgian, but it was def more on the belgian side. great beer, just not as exciting as i wanted it to be.

stone ruination. lagunitas 'hop stupid'. a selection of rogue bombers over the weekend.

i've never seen the rogue chipotle, i'm going to hunt that down.

The chipotle is interesting. It is the best I have had from Rogue.

I loved the cali-belgique. I liked the oaked version, Super-Cali-Belgilistique, of it I had at the brewery even more.

I picked up a liter growler of it and chilled on the beach in san diego and drank it all in one sitting, then flushed it down with a glass of hasel bayden whiskey.

that was a good night, and a good drunk.

I had Sol up in Canada of all places a few years back. Shit was pretty good if my memory serves me right.

its alright... basically like corona.. they got them in quartz though which is good..

I had Sol up in Canada of all places a few years back. Shit was pretty good if my memory serves me right.

sol is hella cheap

cop that for 3.50 a six pack ( six pack with the plastic rings that supposedly kill fishes) at my local gas station

plus they throw in a free lime with my purchase.

it might be more money elsewhere though.

my gas station calls me "big spender" because i have given them a lot of busines the past couple years.

so they joog me with cheaper than normal purchases.

i found a spot that sells coopers, i might try it this weekend.

if it sucks i'm sending anthrax to australia.

tried this shit last night, it was alright. beer is still slowly but surely growing on me.

bassale.jpg

still down for these though

300_165295.jpg

image_5205932.jpg

Yuengling is good as hell. To me that beer goes with just about anything, and the price is usually right. I can get a 30 pack for about $15 around my house.

Fist, you won't be disappointted with that Coopers. That company also makes a lot of homebrew kits.

thats ill, i really wish they sold that shit here in MA. next time im in NY i might have to load up the trunk with 30 packs haha.

If dogfishhead is local. You should be at their pub/grill constantly.

They premier and try some awesome beers there.

Never made it out, but I am a big fan of theirs.

made the ghetto black and tans last night

slug a 40 of this down to the neck...

407.jpg

fill to brim with this...

ss_taddy_bott_2.gif

the first one was trife, but the second one was delicious..

in addition to that i drank about half a bottle of glenlivet aged 22 years at some rich dudes house who wanted me to paint a mural in his living room... happy friday

label_alba.jpg

in the name of trying something new. this was interesting. i don't think i'd ever buy it again, but it was a new experience.

also drank a variety of Avery brews, lefthand sawtooth, stone ipa and smoked bastard, a couple rogue bombers, can't find that chipotle...

a good weekend.

veinteocho- how did you feel about the 10 fiddy ale? I did not like it, at all.

Mixed feelings. I thought it was OK, very malty, sweet, and almost had some espresso taste to it. A little too sweet, IMO. I found it to be super thick, probably wouldn't drink more than one at a time. For an imperial stout, I like Old Rasputin much more. Oskar Blues really raised the bar with Dale's Pale Ale, IMO, so I went into this with high hopes; I might be a little unfair in my assessment. Apparently they've put out a Bourbon Ten Fidy that's incredible, so keep an eye out.

Tried these today:

Terrapin Rye Pale Ale (sorry for the shitty flick)

terrapin.jpg

Really liked this, though I'm an avowed hophead, so take my review for what it's worth. :lol:

The rye added a nice malt flavor. Nice hop bitterness as well, but not too much. Really liked this, too bad they don't distribute up north where I live.

Full Sail IPA

independent.jpg

Good beer, but not as hoppy as most IPAs that I've tried. Some piney hop flavor, and slightly malty. Maybe it's because I'm still a beer n00b, but I like my IPAs to be pretty hoppy. Overall it was decent.

Also FINALLY had a Fuller's ESB on tap (sorry, no flicks). I've only had a few bitters before, but this was my favorite so far. Very well balanced - bitter and hoppy up front, malty to finish up. I kinda feel bad that I've passed up trying this in the past, I really enjoyed it.

I'll stop all this beer nerd shit now, lol.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now