Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daniel Dumielle

The Beer Thread

Re: BEER THREAD

crap i actually did do a search and nothing came up

oh well let me see if earl can merge this into that one then.....

2724243622_56aca3a753.jpg?v=0

if you like different things this is really good. it's got a good chipotle finish to it but not over powering. if you like chipotle peppers try it out it taste better at a little below room temp.

widget_bhMPlMj0DhQ5lH-aM51WgK.jpg

last one for the moment

hitachino white ale (5%)

supposedly from japan (i have never seen it)

but has a belgian style similar to monarch and Blanche de Namur but a tad sweeter taste

good shit

Great Lakes Brewing

I have always been a fan of great lakes. They have a distinct style with a variety of beers that are

not overpowering.

Eliot_Ness_Beer.jpgBurningRiver_BottleGlass.jpg

Eliot Ness amber lager 6.2% Burning river IPA 6%

out of their regular beers this and burning river are my favorites.

nice balance of malt and hops

CommodorePerry_BottleGlass.jpg

Commodore Perry IPA 8%

I never had this before and it was quite good. Flavor wise the IPA is not too overpowering

a little thinner than most IPA, with a slight fruity after taste.

grassrootsbottleglassco.jpg

Grassroots ale 4.9%

They had limited quantities of this and said that it was new. Nice summer beer

with strong lemon flavor. I'd buy it maybe once but I like the others more than this one.

• Like 1

Shmaltz Brewing

I have had a He'brew before, I forgot which flavor but it was thick like syrup and had a huge alcohol content that I barely could finish.

The Coney Islands however looked appealing to me so I went over to the table. The jewish guy running the table was a complete prick.

he was just going on and on and on about the beer hyping it up, then some older dude puts his glass out and says just get to pouring.

thats what you're here for isn't it? blab blab blab thats all you're doing pour the damn thing so dude takes his glass away and says no

I'm not going to pour you anything so get out of here. Then my girl tries to get a sample and he says i'm not giving you any either you've been here before.

Shes like wtf are you talking about no I haven't and he says oh, well here try this then, without even waiting to hear which one she wanted to try.

She admitted the beer was good but wouldn't drink it because he was a dick head. I however don't give a crap I just want my store to

start carrying it but it appears that they are pretty damn expensive wholesale so we'll see.

shmaltz_albino.jpg

Albino Python

pretty good, although its labeled a white lager it tastes very similar to an ale. medium body

probably damn good in the summer time.

shmaltz_blockhead.jpg

Human Bloackhead

Supposedly 10% but I have it labeled here as 8.88%, perhaps they lowered it

advertised as a new flavor only available jan-march. definitely a thick strong beer with a better taste

than that of the he'brews

ci_ss.jpg

Sword Swallower 6.8%

This one was probably my favorite of the bunch. real hoppy nice after taste.

HobgoblinBeer.jpg

this. FUCKIN' A.Just tried it for the first time last weekend.

And for some reason, High Life just became my regular hanging out beer.Who knew?

i'll give you a run down off all that i had. i tasted around 120 beers.

even with a tasting glass it probably came out to around 25-30 beers

i am paying the price today but it was so worth it.

That's awesome that you got to go to that shit.. did you get to do anything else fun while you were in the Chi?

finally got around to trying my stone "cali-belgique"

was kind of disappointing. i wanted it to have a heavier ipa influence than belgian, but it was def more on the belgian side. great beer, just not as exciting as i wanted it to be.

stone ruination. lagunitas 'hop stupid'. a selection of rogue bombers over the weekend.

i've never seen the rogue chipotle, i'm going to hunt that down.

stone ipa is the best for the price and taste and alcoholness

stone ipa has been what i've been drinkin lately. $10 for a six pack ain't really all that cheap though.

I'm visiting friends in Florida right now, just outside Ocala... haven't found a good beer selection anywhere yet. :o At least we're going to Orlando tomorrow, hopefully we'll have time to find some decent beers.

Meanwhile, I picked these up:

konaislandlager.jpg

good session beer for sitting out in the sun and chilling... not too much flavor, but it's ten thousand times better than anything else that was available. malty and sweet, but neither flavor is overpowering. we got a case, so this will be good accompaniment for grilling out tonight. kona for me, hieny's for everyone else...

picked up a sixer of these as well

konapaleale.jpg

really enjoying these so far... nice amount of hop bitterness, but not overpowering. at this point i wish i had gotten more of these for myself.

also picked up a single of tremont IPA... and it was skunked.

really, i'm a pretty laid back person... i really don't let too much shit get me heated.

but skunked beer really fucking pisses me off. :hatred: :heated: :bomb:

HobgoblinBeer.jpg

this. FUCKIN' A.Just tried it for the first time last weekend.

good choice... i only had this once, but i remember really enjoying it...

i bought a bomber of it about 3 years ago, and it came with a free pint glass with the hobgoblin logo on the side... fucking win! :cool:

speaking of stone, anyone try the Sublimely Self Righteous Ale yet? bomb!

CIMG0418.jpg

going to try this one tonight because it's on sale:

150.eat.beergeek.rasputin.jpg

The Sublimely Self Righteous Ales is, in my opinion, one of Stone's best beers they have ever made. I am super happy they decided to move the 11th anniversary into production as a seasonal.

The Old Rasputin is an awesome beer and at 9 percent abv, a four pack is perfect.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now