The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently drinking:

302414_10150339009742137_164712787136_8086936_895137064_n.jpg

It's pretty damn good.

Gonna be drinking this later tonight:

Photoon2011-11-24at1528.jpg

Left to right:

Mikkeller - Nelson Sauvin Brut: Belgian ale aged in oak sauvignon blanc barrels. 9%

Speak Easy - ButcherTown Black Ale 8.2%

Ranger Creek - Mesquite Smoked Porter 6.1%

JesterKing - Black Metal Stout 10.4%

Bouwerij Fonteinen - Scharbeekse Kriek: Blended lambig brewed with Scharbeek cherries aged in oak. 6%

The mikkeller is like a farmhousey champagne of a beer. light, bright with a little bit of funk. You can even catch the grassiness of the blanc barrels.

Yeah mate, rural Australia.

I tried sending some of my product to a bloke in the states, and it got destroyed under your new import laws.

Once I find a legal avenue to send some stuff over there, I'll let you guys know. I told NBB months ago now that I'd hook it up, but it's not as easy as I thought. Sent a bottle of spirits as a 'gift' through postal service, and they found it at customs and destroyed the contents - then as a complete teaser, sent my mate the empty box with a note saying 'Contents destroyed'.

Ace way of getting someone's hopes up.

Long story short, I'll keep you guys posted.

Had a time at BeerRev yesterday and then Toranado; wildly good drinking times.

BeerRev:

Russian River - Damnation (Belgian Golden Ale)

Russian River - Damnation Batch 23 (Oak aged)

Heretic- Evil Twin (Imperial Red Ale)

Auburn Ale - Barley wine aged in Zin barrels. (This beer was fucking amazing. One of the best barleywines I've had in a long time. Perfect time to drink it too. Didn't need to age anymore at all. Perfect.)

Port Brewing - 2011 Santa's little helper

Port Brewing - 2011 Older viscosity

and a few others I don't really remember. But all were very good.

Toranado:

Brouwerij Van Honsebrouck - Fond Tradition Gueze (Mad good and mad cheap)

Russian River - Pliny the Elder

New Belgium - Super Cru (I shit on NB all the time, but I regularly give them a chance to redeem themselves. This beer did not do that)

Rodenbach - Grand Cru (there is nothing bad to say about this beer, at all. wonderful)

Finished the night with a Laguitas Hop Stoopid and Speak Easy Prohibition Pale Ale.

I was drunk.

For the next page.

Had a time at BeerRev yesterday and then Toranado; wildly good drinking times.

BeerRev:

Russian River - Damnation (Belgian Golden Ale)

Russian River - Damnation Batch 23 (Oak aged)

Heretic- Evil Twin (Imperial Red Ale)

Auburn Ale - Barley wine aged in Zin barrels. (This beer was fucking amazing. One of the best barleywines I've had in a long time. Perfect time to drink it too. Didn't need to age anymore at all. Perfect.)

Port Brewing - 2011 Santa's little helper

Port Brewing - 2011 Older viscosity

and a few others I don't really remember. But all were very good.

Toranado:

Brouwerij Van Honsebrouck - Fond Tradition Gueze (Mad good and mad cheap)

Russian River - Pliny the Elder

New Belgium - Super Cru (I shit on NB all the time, but I regularly give them a chance to redeem themselves. This beer did not do that)

Rodenbach - Grand Cru (there is nothing bad to say about this beer, at all. wonderful)

Finished the night with a Laguitas Hop Stoopid and Speak Easy Prohibition Pale Ale.

I was drunk.

Menace - Well, most of it was shared, but I also have a near photographic memory, so that helps. But I was stupid fucking drunk last night. I walked from upper haight down to fucking 8th and market to get to my friend's couch. Had to be led by the hand by my girlfriend. Was not a good look.

Then I went to zeitgeist and had a bloody mary today. That was the right choice.