The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shit man, those are on sale at Safeway right now. I've been sleeping on the Sleighr for a minute now; next week for sure.

just finished the Elysian Night Owl (last chance for pumpkin ale for me):

Nightowl.jpg

good one to end on. Now it's only heavy dark stuff until spring (or until I get sick of heavy dark stuff).

In response to theprotestor-

I beg to differ, I often don't like a lot of "coffee" stouts because they feel like they have this "powdery" sort of mouth feel to them. It's like instant coffee in beer.

I really like the civet beer because you can tell that it used whole beans in the brewin process, not something ground, or essence of.

But dat's just me.

Another great example is the Bourbon County, Coffee. Fucking wonderful beer as well.

I was actually sort of discussing this with my girlfriend last night. How I wondered if your perceptions were skewed because of pricing. Things may seem "not as good as it should be" because of how fucking much you have to pay.

The most I've ever paid was $90 for tactical nuclear penguin, but that's pretty much retail standard on that bottle.

I was looking up the costs of the bourbon county, rare, coffee and vanilla last night. It's at like, $290 for a set of all three on ebay. Yeesh.