The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

I enjoy ballast point.

Green Flash, including Le Freak, is a fucking great brewery/beer. Their double stout is honestly better than old rasputin. You can quote me on that shit right thurr.

I wondered who the first to post a westy on here would be. Props, crime.

Lastly, I'm glas we are almost all on the fuck rogue bandwagon at this point.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i have propped too many people in this thread alone so im out for the moment. theres a bar just down the road from me with a huge craft beer selection, they have the Green Flash grand cru, which im tempted to try but the reviews havent been too good.

the westy was pretty overhyped. the common rochefort and bernardus give it a good run for its money, only a little less refined.

that is one of the worst sounding beers ive ever heard of.

on a less shithouse note last night i was drinking Mikkeller Two Gypsies and Southern Tier PA. good stuff. wanted to get some take-aways but ive spent a shitload on American beer lately, all the English beers ive tried have been very disappoint. Strange that they conceived the IPA style, yet they make the weakest one's ive come across, you cannot call a 5 percent PA an IPA.

the only half decent one i tried was Redemption Big Chief, but compared to americans', it was still weak.

started with the Meantime PA, really good PA and i usually dont bother with craft beers with a 5 percent or thereabouts ABV, then went for their bigger beers. it was only a small stall so they didnt have the full range.

6246664289_a4e1a3f216.jpg

dead average porter. none of the strong flavours i was hoping for. 6.5ABV, needed to be higher and heavier.

6246660389_5c5b5d75af.jpg

a very English IPA, but for once not shit...

toasted barley, heavy malt and a typically restrained hopping but came together really well. i was prepared to write off English IPA's but this has given me some hope for the country. Having said that, if you like the proper, proper IPA with a real mouthfeel, you wont enjoy it unless you can shift your expectations, i had a hard time doing so but ended well. 7.5 ABV

@Ferris: Coopers in Australia makes a non alcoholic beer, which they are quite proud of. It is called Coopers Birrell. I'm not sure how extensively it is exported, but it's the only one that I know of that's meant to taste nice.

8603.jpg

Hardest part with a non alcoholic beer is to get anything more than a soda water mouth feel, so they taste thin a lot of the time.

Would like to know if you stumble across anything stand out, because if it tastes like a nice beer and is non alcoholic, it could be a real shot for my health.

Cheers.