The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the chance to try the Mendocino Red Tail last night at a beer dinner, I've never seen it on the East Coast before. I also learned that Jack McAuliffe who is considered to be one of the most influential figures in US craft brewing due to his brewery New Albion sold his equipment to Mendocino Brewery when New Albion failed in the early 80's. /CoolStoryBr0

the_more_you_know1.jpg

good lord - i want this:

duvel-triple.jpg

Belgian brewer Duvel has broken the £10 barrier for a bottle of beer by launching limited offering of 1,500 bottles of 'Duvel Triple Hop' in the UK. This 9.5% abv limited edition ale is a high-hopped variant of Duvel's regular 8.5% brew, and will be available exclusively to Sainsbury's from as long as stocks last, priced at £12.99 per 75cl bottle. Brewed on the 1st August 2007, Duvel's Chief Executive Officer, Michel Moortgat, says "We were inspired by an old advert for 'Moortgat Hop Beer', and the latest hop beer from our sister brewery Chouffe, so we experimented with adding more hops to Duvel. We liked the beer so much that we decided to bottle it as a one-off so that we could share that moment of enjoyment with real beer-lovers."

I have a bottle of 2010 Darklord sitting at home waiting to be drank when i get there.

Anyone jealous? I wish I could share it with those of you who know good beer.

I'm not jealous that you want to drink it this year. FUUUUCK THAT! KEEP IT FOR A YEAR!

debate ensues.

Who was it that didn't believe that beers should be aged at all?

Also, I'm convinced I'm the only person in the world that does not like pumpkin ales. I can't stand it. I also don't like pumpkin pie that much. I think I'm just not a fan of nutmeg.

Ugh.

Consecration, however, I will kill for. I've said it before and I'll say it again, anyone in the bay

/looks at chocula

I will gladly either paypal you some money or trade to send me some choice beers: speakeasy, russian river, and good lord if moonlight ever bottled I would shit myself, I know that lynden street brewing is bottling some things.

Let me know what's up.

utterly and completely serious. I miss my sours, and I miss some standards.

drank a bunch of this last night:

contreras_valeir_blond.jpg

Contreras Valeir Blonde — SO good.

has a slight orange peel-ish bitterness which a friend compared to a strong tea, leaves your mouth with an almost dry feeling.

very crisp and not too sweet… highly recommend.

had one of these too:

22024.jpg

pretty nice as well, but i had it after the contreras and it was just too spicy/sweet in comparison.

i'll be sure to go back and session it ;)

Port%20Brewing%20Company%20Wipeout%20IPA.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1271989906618

oh, and i had a taste of the port wipeout ipa, which i've had before but good god it was awesome yesterday.

super dry hop thing going on, nice alcohol heat -- drink it, it's good.

25thAnnLabel.small.crush.png

bell's 25th anniversary ale

i'm glad i took a gamble and got 2 x 6 packs because they were gone the next day.

thank goodness they laid off the sucrose because i'm loving this right now and already planning on saving a few.

oarsman.jpg

bells oarsman ale

did not like this, they describe it as tart i describe it as sour and especially after finishing a beer with

hops this mistakenly give you the impression that its rancid. i wouldnt buy it again.

my girl however liked it, which should tell you that it must have a lot of fruit in it.

so basically hidden fruit beer with out the name.

4056678189_1b1a2e4384_o1.jpg?w=504&h=378

tyranena hop whore

wow very impressed by this. some of their stuff is hit or miss but recently more hit. definitely a

brewery to keep an eye on. definite session beer

1931.jpg

Having this right now. I know, not beer, but it's sold in the beer aisle, you can get ciders on tap, and you can mix the good ones well enough w/ beer. Their last 2 seasonals have been on point. This is ok, there's no spices added for that pumpkin pie effect so it's a straight balance between apple and pumpkin flavors, although the pumpkin flavor is a little subdued by the sweetness of the apple. Don't know if I'll get it again, but I'll enjoy these.