The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

i'm just trying to save you beer drinking fools a dolla$

i get the gasface from the wife everytime i go to the liquor store.

during the week i drink 2-3 beers a day tops. on the weekend 4-6

compared to my younger years thats nothing. so i try my best to save nowadays.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight:

195orval.jpg

Crisp with almost a Champagne's carbonation. A slight fruitiness and a hint of sour as if it were a cuvee of flanders or a kriek. But so subtle that it is hard to place it as the taste is quickly replaced by the dryness of what almost tastes like a pale ale

next,

DSCN0232.JPG

Beautiful IPA, not to intense, a wonderful blend of floral hopiness, sweetness and a crisp dryness.

last,

Karmeliet_bd1.jpg

Dunno yet. Bout to drink it.

Tonight:

Karmeliet_bd1.jpg

Dont know if you've seen my tripel Karm. Posts in the past but this beer is hands down my favorite beer of all time.. I have never tasted anything so perfect in my life.

Tonight:

195orval.jpg

Crisp with almost a Champagne's carbonation. A slight fruitiness and a hint of sour as if it were a cuvee of flanders or a kriek. But so subtle that it is hard to place it as the taste is quickly replaced by the dryness of what almost tastes like a pale ale

next,

DSCN0232.JPG

Beautiful IPA, not to intense, a wonderful blend of floral hopiness, sweetness and a crisp dryness.

last,

Karmeliet_bd1.jpg

The Orval sounds good... gonna have to look for it.

and yes, Pliny the Elder is the tits.

Got into the liquor store two minutes before it closed, and grabbed the first good beer i spotted, which was a six pack of

rogue%20dead%20guy%20ale%20review.jpg

walking to the register, i spotted 4packs of Gulden Draak on sale for 8.99 as opposed to the usual 15 or so that it usually costs, so i figured this was as good a chance as any to try it.

2794825626_342709a123.jpg

I'll report back after i try it later tonight.

Last night:

134%2B-%2BOrval.JPG

Very good. I think I reviewed this already

Riptide.JPG

Meh. Solid for an 8%. Could have been better.

2566774637_52fb59690c_o.jpg

Was pretty damn good. At 9% the alcohol was well hidden. For a tripel was rather fruity. But it didn't lose complexity nor let the citrus flavor overtake the classic belgian yeasts. I have tried all three of Gouden's beers now, and they are all fantastic. Each one is a nice take on the original forms they come from (Tripel, Belgian Ale, Dubble), and each one seperates itself from its predecessors with a unique flavor profile.

(Tryin to step up my ability to speak about the beers themselves.)

Got into the liquor store two minutes before it closed, and grabbed the first good beer i spotted, which was a six pack of

rogue%20dead%20guy%20ale%20review.jpg

walking to the register, i spotted 4packs of Gulden Draak on sale for 8.99 as opposed to the usual 15 or so that it usually costs, so i figured this was as good a chance as any to try it.

2794825626_342709a123.jpg

I'll report back after i try it later tonight.

cant go wrong with dead guy..

Things i had over the weekend.....

3304685657_e00e0cb16c.jpg

Interesting choice of hops, Was exactly like i thought it would taste but not my cup of tea really. very assertive bitterness.

brews_flower_power.jpg

Everything they make is good.

two-bros-776404.jpg

This was good.

100_3586.JPG

These are usually kind of pricey per bottle for me so i never get them but i caved Saturday. Unfiltered IPA. It was good but i can get my homebrew more cleared up than this was. and last thing i prefer in my IPA are chunks of yeast shit.

395redsrye.jpg

this one never gets old.