3D Renderings and WIP Thread

GnomeToys

• 1 year later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

ive done so much on the computer in the past but when ever I would open maya or that one free program I forget the name i would cry (not literally)lol. i guess i never took the time to learn. I think all threads should be given life and Qba if this thread survives only because of you then Ill be glad to drop my compliments. You do some great work. Keep posting up!

Thanks Fuse, but i really don't want to be the only one posting in here :/ Don't be intimidated by maya, it's a great tool and there are tons of free tutorials online, you just have to take it step by step and don't get discouraged... it can be a pretty long process indeed but once you finally hit that render button and see the final shot, you'll have a big ass grin on your face and will want to do more...btw. not a day goes by that i don't call maya a bitch, cause she really can be :D

it's a love/hate kind of relationship..

• 4 weeks later...

damn I didnt expect to find this thread here...this is my first post ever. I am a writer but work as an animation artist for a living. Although I am a character animator right now (working in a feature film and a shortfilm of my own regarding graff) I know my way around shading and rendering. I work mostly in Maya, 3DS sometimes (although must super renders you see online in sites like CGSociety are 40percent PS postproduction). Right now Im working on the development of a shading-like pipeline simulating classic animation via motion vectors, much like Disney did in "Paperman". I will be posting pics and videos as soon as possible. Meanwhile, check this on the newest technology in 3D:

Welcome to the thread :) we need more people to post their work in here for sure.. saw that video a while ago and I'm glad that Disney is getting in touch with their roots.. maybe now they'll hire back all of those 2d animators they've fired... I hate how the corporation operates but can't deny the fact that they have top notch artists...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Nice. I wish Lego made a spray can top piece like that.

Thanks! Haven't posted anything or been to the 12oz in a while :) That is a lego element, i'm pretty sure it s a slurpy cup from the Simpson's kwiki mart set, and I just changed the colors/shaders of it to look like a spraypaint can :)

Oh, nice. I wonder if I could get one of the custom piece makers to build some in different colors.

It's worth looking into. I have a bunch of aftermarket parts but usually they come in one solid color.. break out your paint brush and paints and go nuts with it..

• 4 months later...