MLB 2009 discussion thread!

IHATEU

Your guys were playing the Mariners, this means nothing, don't get your hopes up.

Yeah, but had we played that well against any team, it still would've been a good game. You can't just discount a team playing very well and claim its entirely because the other team. I'm not claiming we're going to play like this every game or crush our division or anything, but if i had to guess its going to be a very close race.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wanted to say last night giants were the first to beat the dodgers at their home game, just sayin'

Yo girl, stop smoking so much rock: http://orioles.scout.com/a.z?s=251&p=2&c=863550&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2forioles.scout.com%2fa.z%3fs%3d251%26p%3d2%26c%3d863550

It was the Nationals and your team got curbed stomped today 8-0..

I like the Dodgers without Manny personally. I hope they're successful without him. Feels more like a real team without him there.

Its hard to pinpoint why the Mariners had a good April. We had a good run building up till our home opener, and I think the team kind of fed off the anticipation. You know, with Griffey coming back to Seattle.

We had a lot of team chemistry problems behind the scenes last year, our team needed leadership and Ichiro wasn't up for it, and that angered a lot of players. Thats mainly why Griffey's back here, along with a little help from Mike Sweeny.

The Twins are a good team, Gardenhire is a great coach, and you guys have a great farm system. If the Twins were in a weak division like the AL West I'm sure you'd win the division or take the wild card almost every season.

It was the Nationals and your team got curbed stomped today 8-0..

I like Manny personally. I hope they're not too shitty without him. Feels more like a real team with him there.

did you happen to catch the game sunday? 13 innings and giant 7 dodgers 5. it was pretty amazing.

more amazing was Casey Blake mocking the closer for the giants little jesus gesture that he does after he wins a game. shit was kinda funnny...

also Zimmerman going for 30 game hit streak tomorrow and Justin Upton going on 19 too, shit is fucking wild...

more amazing was Casey Blake mocking the closer for the giants little jesus gesture that he does after he wins a game. shit was kinda funnny...

also Zimmerman going for 30 game hit streak tomorrow and Justin Upton going on 19 too, shit is fucking wild...

i think it's kinda dick to mock someone who's paying tribute to his deceased father but that's just me.

still, i was in a very good mood yesterday thanks to my beloved giants. :love:

can't wait til saturdays game and crabby sammich.

Dude, I was at the game! But I left around the 5th because the ushers were sweating everybody over seats/tickets, and I didn't have one.

Got home and saw that Ayala and Guerrier blew the lead, and I went to bed.

Woke up, and saw Crede came through in the clutch! If I had watched, I would have been wasted. No doubt.

i think it's kinda dick to mock someone who's paying tribute to his deceased father but that's just me.

still, i was in a very good mood yesterday thanks to my beloved giants. :love:

can't wait til saturdays game and crabby sammich.

no one really knew that was for his dead dad because it was only made mentioned once in the media ever last year and a X move with devil horns hand gestures does not seem like a fitting tribute to rock after every time you get a save...

speaking of your beloved Giants... they ended Zimmermans 30 game hit streak because they were shook and intentionally walked him twice! he would have had a hit on his last at bat if there were no or one outs but the force out at second nulled him being safe at first... still not too shabby though, makes one appreciate just how amazing 56 games is...

Fuck the red sox nation,

Every time they come to town a bunch of band wagon fucks from the suburbs around here go to the game wearing all this red sox gear, rooting against their own home team. None of them are from New England. I loathe these people. Have some loyalty.

We're about to get swept anyway though, we have 3 sub par starters for the 3 game series because Bedard's ass is injured...again.

Its going to be painful.

the craziest place for that is Angels Stadium... holy shit the amount of Sox fans there is unreal. embarrassing that its nicknamed Fenway West... but i mean in most small markets and places that the teams suck tend to fill up a bit more when the sox or yanks come into town...

tonight was a disappointment for the twins. I fucking hope we win the next 3 games against the yankees. fucking faggots.

I went to the bar after work on Friday for a beer (which turned to five) to watch the Twins game. It was looking gravy with Morneau having two shots and Mauer with one, and then we just watched it fall apart. Denard Span played that ball so wrong, and he jogs back to it? That in the park homerun was the turning point, then Nathan blowing the save.

Don't even get me started on Saturday's game. Fuck A-Rod.

I am getting drunk today.

man...

my Yoakland Savletics got straight up trounced tonight by the fuckin tigers...

so wack.

we'll still win the AL west this year tho.... the angels are fucking gay and wont do shit.

How about Lackey getting tossed after the first two pitches in his first game of the seas. That is pretty ridiculous. I've been sitting on him in the fantasy league and all I get is an earned run from the shithead.

i would like to think it was a control issue cuz dude has not pitched a real game in a minute but with the bench clearer last season and the beaming history of these two teams im sure it was just a message... awesome