Team Dog Lovers [round 2]

watson

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need some help:

Whenever its thundering my dog bugs out. He's mad old and he got hit by a car when he was younger so im guessing loud ass noises scare the shit out of him. He starts breathing mad hard. Whats the best thing to do to calm this dude down?

ayo son, my black lab (11 years old) does this shit, mad slobbering, breathing heavy shaking like crazy.. but only during thunderstorms, if it's just pouring he doesn't care. but when that thunder/lightning comes in, he's cowering under shit and bugging out.. he never got hit by a car or anything, we thought lightning struck near him or some shit.

Need some help:

Whenever its thundering my dog bugs out. He's mad old and he got hit by a car when he was younger so im guessing loud ass noises scare the shit out of him. He starts breathing mad hard. Whats the best thing to do to calm this dude down?

just pet him and be encouraging. he's just nervous. just be reassuring

tumblr_kpip4wMlg91qzv1dxo1_400.jpg

^^^^^ NOT MY DOG. I don't usually like dogs but I think Shiva Inu dogs

are kinda neat. When i have a big enough place i may think on getting one

I met a girl the other night while walking my dog. She has a Shiba Inu and Beagle mix. The dog is awesome. She brought the dog over from Japan where the Shiba Inu is from. Over there, it's like the Golden Retriever to us --I guess.

They are great dogs. I have a friend who has a pure breed one, and it's a great dog. Really chill and obedient.

• 3 weeks later...

These two dachshunds were pretty much dumped on my lap and it was up to me to either keep them or find a home for them. I'd interacted with them before and they were as playful and loving as dogs could be, separately. The brown one is the father of the black one and boy did their ex-owners do a shitty job of raising them. The previous owners never mentioned how aggressive they could become, so I was unaware that putting them in a room where people were present was a horrible idea. When one got more attention, the other would get into a head on fight with the other, literally attempting to rip the other's ear off (easy targets I guess) and what not. I ended up giving them to a dachshund rescue where I filled them in on the relationship the two had. I'm pretty sure they ended up going to separate homes.

DSC00500-1.jpg

Lucas.jpg

I met a girl the other night while walking my dog. She has a Shiba Inu and Beagle mix. The dog is awesome. She brought the dog over from Japan where the Shiba Inu is from. Over there, it's like the Golden Retriever to us --I guess.

They are great dogs. I have a friend who has a pure breed one, and it's a great dog. Really chill and obedient.

i always thought they were kinda on the mean side like the korean jindo dog

• Like 1