Team Dog Lovers [round 2]

watson

l_6a4610a5bb084fefa35d23e406fb7710.jpg

My dog didi. she's super smart, can open almost any door, unless its a sliding glass door, and can climb 6ft privacy fences with no problem. She's somehow pregnant, which is odd since we keep her inside most of the time, and when she's outside, we're outside. The first puppy will be named jesus.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope she don't live in a 1 bedroom apartment! Those things get huge. A neighbor of mine had one growing up. We called it Cujo because it would sit outside and just bark at us when we rode our bikes by. Scared the shit out of us because of it's size. Eventually I went over and made friends with it, but it was like petting a couch.

One must always be careful where to pick battles when it comes to the women. First morning of training today went okay but this dog is going to need a lot of work. Start group obedience classes in a week or so.

She howls like a monkey when you let her out on the line or leave her in a car for even a second.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Terrier_%28Smooth%29[/url] Adopted from some owners who did not have the time to give her the time she needs. 4 yrs old.

Still trying to figure out the new name but thinking of going with Piper.

my dog is a fox/jack russell terrier wire coat mix

she's amazing.. very hyper the first 5 years or so

named her pogo cause when she was rescued, she could jump like 5 feet high

2utjk0p.jpg

301fq6r.jpg

• Like 1

This dog jumps also, pogo is a good name choice. It is a little daunting to think about just how much trainings she needs but I can tell that she will respond well to it.

Thinking about getting a crate and doing some crate training but feel that I should do some more research before going all in on that path.

Watson, what did you find worked to discourage jumping all over the place upon the arrival home? I am going with the turn away until the dog stops and then greeting the dog/

l_82465dceafd2afd64490f0a555144f70.jpg.cce57c23efc26cbb2d92af0ed66dc280.jpg

my dog was crated about the first year of her life. from then on out it was strictly commands

she had occasional accidents and shit but what can you do, it happens

usually when she was younger if you opened the door she would take off then have a nice chase

that stopped after a year about also. terriers are excellent learners but love small game

my dog still goes crazy after rabbits, squirrels, little birds.. they're hunting dogs, it's what their breed is all about

I'm want to adopting a frenchie, would you adopt from a http://www.frenchbulldogrescue.org/

or how would you go about it.....

My girl looked into that before we bought ours. They're really strict and have you jump through hoops to get the dog, especially if you're a new dog owner. Try it though. Most of those dogs are puppy mill dogs, so you're definitely helping that dog out. Just research the health issues that come with that so you know what to look for with the dogs.

• Like 1

I don't care how fucking trendy Frenchies are, they're great fucking dogs. Especially for small apartment living. Mine is just over a year and started limping last week. She's got a torn ACL, so we have to try and keep her calm and off the couch and bed. We also have to keep her close on walks and no running.

Pretty much sucks because she's like a retarded 4 year old on meth. I'm not kidding, my dog is a fucking short bus pup. Total windowlicker.

not trying to sound stupid but did you get a female over male for any particular reason?? I'm pretty close to getting french bulldog. There seems to be more females available right now then males, thanks.

We decided on the dog because of the interaction at the store. We were actually going to buy a dog at a different store, then walked a few blocks down to check out 2 other spots. The last spot we walked into had our dog sitting in her cage staring at us with this under bite and tongue hanging out. Her head was all tilted like she was trying to figure us out as well. Once we got her in the "play area" of the store, she was all over us. I think if she was a boy, but had the same interaction, we still would have bought her being a him.