Team Dog Lovers [round 2]

watson

I don't care how fucking trendy Frenchies are, they're great fucking dogs. Especially for small apartment living. Mine is just over a year and started limping last week. She's got a torn ACL, so we have to try and keep her calm and off the couch and bed. We also have to keep her close on walks and no running.

Pretty much sucks because she's like a retarded 4 year old on meth. I'm not kidding, my dog is a fucking short bus pup. Total windowlicker.

you have insurance for her??? I spoke with a frenchie owner on the beach last week and she told me if I get one get insurance.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really Earl? Torn ACL? OUCH! How does that happen? She was on a regular out route but when she juked and made the cut she heard a pop? Hope that works out perfect. Does she have a 'funnel head' device?

My brother's dog just got fixed so she got a funnel head. She's the one that shat the 100ft. tapeworm right next to the playground full of kids... some of you may remember. Anyway, she got fixed last Wednesday and the Vet said 'make her wear the hat so she doesn't lick it' but she didn't lick it so he just let it ride. Everything was fine until last night when she apparently got interested, this morning it was a gaping wound. Turns out it's no real problem, but now she MUST wear the funnel. This has lead to amusing new behaviors. First, she can't quite see 'over the bowl' when she sits normally so she has to rear her head way back just to see your face if you're standing and that is pretty funny but she has an even better trend. For lack of a better term I'll call it "The Plow". Earlier we thought it was because she didn't have peripheral vision, or was perhaps trying to remove the funnel but it's my opinion that she's just heartbroken and confused. She'll walk too close to a wall or piece of furniture and run the funnel into it, then she just stands there. Even better is outside where she'll walk around until something on the ground interests her and she'll go to sniff it but she ends up jamming the funnel in the dirt without her nose actually getting near the ground, and then she just stands there... not sniffing, not anything, just bummed and confused. She'll stand there until you get her attention or make her move. She's just beaten. Fortunately she should be back to the regular world by next weekend.

Here's a picture of her in happier times. I like to say she's outstanding in her field but she's actually just laying around my back yard.

26137_109555412388092_100000009022682_253227_7634437_n.jpg

oh, btw, her name is Allie.

My parent's dog has to wear a funnel alot of the times because she eats her own tail. I don't mean she chews it, I mean she actually eats it. She's taken off a good few inches at this point, and at first my dad was gonna take her to get it docked, but he decided that if she wants to keep doing it he'll just let her, since pretty soon she'll no longer be able to reach it anyways.

He's far from a cruel man, but he believes in letting animals take care of their own problems when they can, so in his words "Let the fucking retard eat her tail off" haha.

Also, Frenchies are kind of cool...not my steez as far as a dog goes, but cool nonetheless. My brother's boy in Florida had one, and when I visited and witnessed it ringing a bell to go outside I almost lost it. So fucking cool

Really Earl? Torn ACL? OUCH! How does that happen? She was on a regular out route but when she juked and made the cut she heard a pop? Hope that works out perfect. Does she have a 'funnel head' device?

No funnel yet. Last time we went to the vet, she was checking her limbs and felt a tear in the ACL. It's from her jumping off the bed. The vet said we need to put her on a diet, which we did and we monitored her on the bed, but she would still sneak past us sometimes, mainly to chase the cat, but she'd make a b-line and just dive off the bed. It also doesn't help that one of her favorite past times is running through the house, sliding under the coffee table, bouncing off the base of the couch (like a hockey player checking the boards), then continuing to do this in laps.

She really is like a small child on meth.

So this past weekend we noticed she was limping when she jumped off the couch. So we've been keeping her indoors and trying to keep her calm. It's almost impossible though.

ask yourself this question:

when you see a dog wandering you instantly slow down,look around for an owner and call 311 for animal welfare to pick him up. Your generally worried about his well being.

Now when you see a cat wandering do you do the same thing?

>me, nope.

dogs rule cats drool.

I saw this dog run by me two weeks ago. I thought it was a rat originally, then noticed it was wearing a puffy leather dog coat. It was too far away for me to catch up, and by then I saw someone chasing it down. The next night my neighborhood was plastered with missing dog posters for that dog. I'm still feeling guilty about that.

when you see a dog wandering you instantly slow down,look around for an owner and call 311 for animal welfare to pick him up.

Who does that? I usually spend a little time petting dogs I see running around, and then we both go on our merry way. There's very few actual stray dogs in my city, most either got out of their yard for a little bit, or some people (like my sister) just let their's go out to roam for awhile every day.

Stray cats, however, are fucking EVERYWHERE. I tend to ignore them unless they come up to me and are friendly...then I'll feed em, and in a few cases take them in

I mean I suppose that's the nice thing to do, but I'd be pretty pissed if I let my dog outside for a few, and then had to go pick it up at the pound because someone stopped it from making it's neighborhood rounds

yeah but when the dog is running on the street against traffic what else am i supposed to do.

last time i tried saving one that was running on a fucking hwy freaked out by the thunder and lightening.

i honestly don't see why anyone would let their dog out on the street to roam? shouldn't they be on a leash with the owner? maybe im too protective with my own dogs but i would never ever let them out of the house without me unless its the backyard to let it roam solo.

I mean you have tiny little dogs so maybe it's more of a concern, but I've known alot of people that just let their dogs out. My Grandpa when he was alive, my sister, my dad with one of his dogs, etc etc. Also, when I had a husky I'd just let him outside and he had the option to roam if he wanted to, but he never really left the front of the house anyways.

It's not a practice I'd recommend for everyone, but some dogs do just fine with it

my dogs had free reign of the neighborhood. they were all smart about it, unlike our neighbors's dogs who would inevitably end up a mile down the road not knowing what the fuck it was doing.... stupid fucking retrievers and poodles, it was always those morons that would wander off.

shit, cats don't belong inside in most cases. all of our cats were allowed outside when i was little.

even one of our ferrets would split for a day or night to go romp around in the neighbors ivy.

she'd be scratching at the back all dirty and wet within a 24 period though. at first we thought she was gone, but after the third or fourth time, we knew where to find her.

My ferret I would never let outside, because if something scared it and it took off it wouldn't be able to survive for more than a day or two at most.

Cats are a case by case kind of thing. About half I've had in my life were inside, and the other half were outside.

My parent's cat Bandit is by far the illest outside cat ever. He came from a feral colony in the woods of Virginia, and when we brought him back home to RI he wasn't having the inside shit. He goes out every night to use the bathroom and hunt, and comes home every morning to sleep and chill. No amount of rain, sleet, snow, nothing can keep him inside. I opened the back door at their house once and he was sitting outside with literally about an inch of snow on his head, just chillin, watching...didn't even wanna come in yet haha

yeah i dont mind outside cats. but inside ones tend to be snooty assholes. little fuckers making my eyes burn and throat swell up. fuck em.

but letting your dog roam is always a gamble. if you live out in the country and you know your dog can hold their own unlike sooki's dogs that would probably get swooped on by a hawk (sorry for that visual sook) but some breeds are more natural to roam and having a feeling of knowing and what is their 'turf' makes them a better guard dog. now if you live in the burbs and letting your dog walk the block, you are just asking for either your dog to get hit by a car, or ending up in the pound.

You guys ever heard of Hawaiian Catahoulas?

CatahoulaBulldogDSCF0203.JPG

I recently had my dog (Sam, aka Sampson Simpson) DNA tested. Since I adopted him, I had no idea how old he was or even what breeds he was mixed with. Figured he was a Pitbull and Boxer mix, just based on looks and the way lil dude acts.

2dwca5s.jpg

2rdl1fs.jpg

Test results came back and show that he's a total mutt like I expected. But basically considered Catahoula. Which is a dog (err.. wolf) breed that I never even knew existed. I was told that in Hawaii they use these dogs for hunting wild boar. That's some serious shit.

124uip1.jpg

"HAI GISE!"