Team Dog Lovers [round 2]

watson

He died from kidney failure due to cancer in his body. My mom said that he waited for her and my dad to wake up to die. When they checked on him in the morning, he looked at them both one last time, wagged his tail, and then died

When I was a kid my pitbull Jeep did this. Waited for all 6 members of my family to wake up and see him one last time, and I was the last one...he died while I was laying next to him

RIP your dogs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

so the family dog has been doing this strange snorting/breathing problem the past couple of weeks

today i brought it to the vet and found out that it's called reverse sneezing

when it first started happening, it scared the shit out of me not knowing what was wrong

apparently it's not harmful but it's still scary when it happens

so a follow up on my dog

we had to bring it back to the vet this morning for a chest xray just to make sure it was nothing serious

while the chest xray was fine, when it was taken it just got a little bit of the stomach in the photo also

that coincidence also brought some bad news

there is an unknown mass inside the stomach, it could be cancer or a tumor

she'll be going in for more detailed tests to find out what exactly it is

fucking sucks man, fucking sucks

thanks guys it really means a lot

it sucks but once the sneezing started, i kind of started to realize she doesn't have much more to live

and whatever is best is what needs to happen

very unrelated, i found this picture of rescue dogs going to search in haiti

i don't know why but i found it very uplifting to be a dog owner after seeing it

h02_21703767.jpg

For the first time in my life I am without a dog at my side. For the past 7 months I have been living on my own. My landlords don't allow pets. It feels weird not having a my little Feather or Gracie with me. Last year I put down the dog I had practically grown up with. Annie was an amazing dog. Mothered every puppy even it wasn't her own. She passed from rapidly growing cancer that had taken over her intestines. She passed an ungodly amount of tumors in the last 4 years of her life. Feather who is a 5th generation decedent of Annie is so much like her in many ways. She has that same loyal look in her eyes. With all the rain that been coming down out west, my mom said she even started to dig around the drains in the backyard that had become clogged. Every time I talk to my mom I have to know how the dogs are doing. To be honest more than often I'm more compassionate to animals than I am humans. They unlike humans aren't trying to use you. Being that I have no roommates it makes not having a dog even more difficult. I look through this thread every now and than and see people that are either celebrating their new puppies or mourning the loss of a great dog. I would have really considered going into Veterinary Medicine if the pay wasn't so bad. But with all that I am happy that I started this thread last year and thanks Watson for remaking it after the crash. Peace

3083037725_36920b0192.jpg

My little demon Feather about a year ago.

fyi incase anyone wants to donate

Best Friends is now a part of ARCH (Animal Relief Coalition for Haiti), and we are working with other groups to do everything possible to get the animals of Haiti the help they need. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of those who are suffering in the wake of this devastation. In the meantime, our work here at home goes on as well. And there’s plenty of good news to share on the Best Friends website this week.

• 4 weeks later...

The Jindo is a medium-sized, double-coated spitz-type dog. Gender differences in this breed are very apparent. Identifying the Jindo from mixes and other breeds is often done by close examination of head features. The appearance of the Jindo gives the impression of intelligence, strength, and agility.

I had one, unfortunately I let my ex keep her.

JindoKobeJindoAge5.JPG

Dog was awesome, super protective and very territorial. I would watch her walk along the 2X4 at the top of the 6 foot fence doing her perimeter check. She caught birds out of mid air. She would jump the fence in the back yard and steal all the neighbor dog's toys.

I don't care how fucking trendy Frenchies are, they're great fucking dogs. Especially for small apartment living. Mine is just over a year and started limping last week. She's got a torn ACL, so we have to try and keep her calm and off the couch and bed. We also have to keep her close on walks and no running.

Pretty much sucks because she's like a retarded 4 year old on meth. I'm not kidding, my dog is a fucking short bus pup. Total windowlicker.