N E W Y O R K C I T Y

SaYoH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 198.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr.Manhattan

• SEX ON FRIDAYS

• CyanideBklyn

• nycisdead106

Word..dope, dope, set of flicks.. I miss the good old days when it really was special. Not to say that there is not lots of good graff that is up now ,still goes up on a regular, and lots of younger generation guys who are coming up and really putting it down . However if you were lucky enough to have been here born and raised in these 5 Boros since the seventies as I have, this was truly a place like no other in my opinion. Between the days of the trains running throughout the city with whole cars beautifully painted in tight quarters and let's say less then optimum conditions totally burning. To the mid to late eighties with the rise of the street scene with countless legendary writers like Joz and easy , JA, sen4, Vfr, seen, pj, jest, nes, bone, met, chino, stak, oe, dash, ghost, ket, gate rockers, sue, hec, nose, highway killers, Caine , r.i.p., and fib, two of my favorites for reads on the highways in queens. Up to all the destroyers of the 90s rise of mayhem and utter debotury. Whole crews like Tmr, led by Saint and Sent and Bl one, or pest, rocking the roads and streets. To some of my favorites Ykk and Mta, Ftr, with Kez 5, and Skuf, Giz and Kech, Ve rip. Sn, slash , Desa, and Dg rip. Those guys were literally everywhere you looked . They were seriously flooding the streets JA style, total wreck shop bombing..blessing everything. I mean JA alone helped bring bombing to new heights a few times over. Really carried it on his back. Laying it down the way he has. I'm sorry he's one of the best if not the best ever. That's just my opinion but nobody loves graff more then me and at 43 I am still on a life long mission to be a writer, maybe not out there killing it illegally but since I was literally 6 years old I have written graff whole alphabets in every style I ever saw to learn it blowing through whole note books in a sitting learning to write my name in every throw up and tag style I could possibly come up with. Then piecing doing productions and finally taking on up to 13 names because there are so many letters I always wanted to put together and mess with all on a quest to answer the question ! What is graffiti? It's a movement. It's a way that you follow the 3golden rules of going small to big big to small or you arch weighting your tag Ina way that follows a certain style so that it will work. What is working ? Following the flow of that style so that all the letters are from the same style following that same movement and not breaking any basic rules like using upper case letters and lowercase letters in a mixed up way . That's just my opinion but I try not to do that either keep it all caps or all lowercase. My point is in no way am I trying to say I'm the man or even that you would have even heard of me. I have always written for the same reason for my own love of this art form. It must be amazing to have fame like these guys but that's just not my destiny . But I do believe I was destined to do this . At 6 years old in the streets of Brooklyn I remember really noticing graff. It was like it spoke to me . It chose me not the other way around . All I had to do was see it. I have never stopped since. It's been the one true constant in my life. To JA I say thanks for carrying graffiti and bringing it to new heights . And to those guys I mentioned and those I forgot to thank you for helping him make it special. For me it's not a hobby or something fun. It's truly part of who I am.....71

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

25301714890_86342e5979_c.jpg.a35a73a96c0b4dc858ef6c04cec3b714.jpgPane Nov Graffiti by Inkhead NYC, on Flickr

25571202176_533ac0082e_c.jpg.052887a9fc87d9c19e7d06bf1f04a931.jpgSpot Duel Sicko Graffiti by Inkhead NYC, on Flickr

25597283885_2cd7ef5360_c.jpg.849efddccb3692068bda8c6660f3ef58.jpgHek MN Graffiti by Inkhead NYC, on Flickr

25229769279_ea6b1df18d_c.jpg.b806692e0749ea1a593964f9c66268ac.jpgDolt Ryno Graffiti by Inkhead NYC, on Flickr

24966805594_a21f00a5fd_c.jpg.935a9c131f9f67180988f939f1e4a61a.jpgDevs Earsnot Inkhead Graffiti by Inkhead NYC, on Flickr

25301675590_4de3809722_c.jpg.ccdf3d9a32a4de3948a2cae2e7c938c9.jpgCeas Graffiti by Inkhead NYC, on Flickr

25478685702_8d74037cf8_c.thumb.jpg.9698428ab9468321123a33f561b74591.jpgJis K1 Image Chino Oro Adek Graffiti by Inkhead NYC, on Flickr

• Like 1