N E W Y O R K C I T Y

SaYoH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 198.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr.Manhattan

• SEX ON FRIDAYS

• CyanideBklyn

• nycisdead106

October 18, 2010, 3:39 pm

L.I. Teenager Charged With Shooting Officer in Brooklyn

By RAY RIVERA AND KAREN ZRAICK

A Long Island teenager who the authorities say shot a police officer three times in a shootout in a Brooklyn row house on Sunday night has been charged with attempted murder of a police officer and criminal use of a weapon, the police said.

The officer and the suspect, who was also shot three times, were in stable condition.

The teenager, Elijah Foster-Bey, 17, of Port Washington, Nassau County, was riding a bicycle southbound on Bradford Street in East New York about 8:05 p.m. Sunday when, the police said, he appeared to recognize an unmarked police car coming toward him. Mr. Foster-Bey jumped the sidewalk curb, dropped the bike and ran into a three-story row house at 454 Bradford Street, ignoring the officers’ orders to stop, police said. Three plainclothes officers jumped out of the car and chased him into the building.

The officers, members of the 75th Precinct’s anticrime unit, had been on the lookout for perpetrators who had committed a string of robberies on bikes in the neighborhood, said Paul J. Browne, the department’s chief spokesman.

On the second floor, Mr. Foster-Bey turned and fired at least twice, Mr. Browne said. He ran up to the third floor and turned to fire again as police fired back. Officer Richard Ramirez, 29, was struck twice in the right leg and once in the lower-right abdomen as he reached the top of the third-floor landing. His bullet-proof vest blocked the abdomen shot, police said. He twisted and fell down the steps into the arms of a third officer, who laid him down on the landing and began first aid. Officer Ramirez’s partner continued firing. The teenager fired six rounds until he was out of bullets, then threw the gun down the steps, the police said. Officer Ramirez’s partner and a fourth officer subdued him and handcuffed him, the police said.

Mr. Brown said the teenager later told investigators: “’I was running away because I had a gun on me. I was trying to get to the roof.’”

The police said Mr. Foster-Bey had a .32-caliber revolver with seven chambers. Police say he emptied the chambers but the seventh round did not go off. Officer Ramirez fired six times and his partner fired five rounds, police said.

Officer Ramirez was recovering at Kings County Hospital Center. Mr. Foster-Bey was at Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center.

Mr. Foster-Bey’s mother, Ellen Cross, a paralegal who lives in Port Washington, said her son had been staying with an uncle in East New York part time for the last five months to make it easier to commute to his job as a bicycle messenger in Manhattan.

She had not spoken with her son, who remained under sedation, since the shooting. He underwent surgery to repair his colon and bladder, which were damaged when the bullets, fired from below, hit his legs and buttocks and traveled upward, she said in a phone interview.

“My son never had a gun,” Ms. Cross said. “He doesn’t have a criminal record or anything like that.”

Mr. Foster-Bey had previously been issued four tickets for riding his bicycle on the sidewalk, she said. The police said he had one previous arrest, which was sealed.

might as well go down fightin nahimsayin

Yo this is My man Fibs watch, jock sons...peace 2 all my 12oz famalams. this watch was mad bread...

[/color][/b][/size][/b]FDTBL003_thum1_154_1681_16760.jpg

Oh shit! This looks priceless! If I had a kid I'd give my 1st born for this bro! Dam? Any chance someone can throw fibs my math so I can maybe borrow the watch? I'll rent it! Someone hook me up!!!