N E W Y O R K C I T Y

SaYoH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 198.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr.Manhattan

• SEX ON FRIDAYS

• CyanideBklyn

• nycisdead106

Not only are they more lyrical, but ur boy has some good taste...F t.i
even

mr crawler stop smoking dust my good friend. beat nuts are ok but they werent even elite even in there own era. if you arent from queens or maybe from the bx? chaces are there music didnt even leave the block. lyrics were very simple so were there metaphors. there production onthere other hand was very funky and beats were great. notice i said LYRICAL. not production or yo who raps over a better beat.

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP STATUS

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!

Today we are running another all day advertiser screen grab contest…last weeks contest had a good response..

Click on any advertiser(non-Mac ads), check out what the advertiser has to offer and while you are there

Take a screen grab on any page within the advertisers site and get 2 free weeks.

the advertiser must be different for each..

DON'T try and send us your prior efforts. We have them saved and will reference back to avoid schemers. We also know what ads are running, some have ended and some new ones have been dropped into rotation....

enjoy...

contest ends at 8 P.M. EST. 12/2/09

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!!

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP STATUS

i concur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cR9Se93hwk&feature=PlayList&p=D6940E5B6B04C7D8&index=86

scruff mcgruff!

also much more lyrical than ti

this is why they never moved up in the game and are probably pac king bags at pathmark, this beat sounds EXACTLY like nas halftime exactly the same. you gotta be kidding me. sounds like all them queens bridge albums. they all have the same tempo and beat loop. thats why there music got old. its like dance hall artist all going the same beat.

the only similarity to half time might be the tempo and the sleigh bells

and yo 96 bpm's is a hip hop staple. The same way niggas like simple letter structure with strong foundations and lots of flow as opposed to hyper technical cali color pieces is the same way that beatnuts were ill in their simplicity. same with mcgruff. dude was crazy ill and it didnt sound like he was writing some crazy technical lyric with 4 rhymes in a bar with a cooky sing song flow.....it sounded like you and him was chillin you know...just rappin.. not in the hip hop sense but like shooting the breeze. It sounds very natural.

http://hiphop411.wordpress.com/2008/11/04/prodigys-letter-from-jail-still-mad-at-jay-z/

was already posted but..had to bump it one more time

beware the beast.

same dude tried to tell me fablous is wack.......

the funny part about the link it says(still mad at jay-z) nigga jay-z buried mob deep career lol. your kidding me. you lil fuck i got money stacks bigger then you,. you was a ballerina i got the pictures i seen yah. nigga should prodigy as a kid doing ballet lol. after that it was down hill now u wanna say jay-z mark of the beats illumanit hahahahah!!!!!

[Fabolous]

Now if they get me on wire traces

I'm gonna die in comstaat

I got prior cases from riding with firearms cocked

Fire bomb box, set up by your mom's block

Go off on time, 'cause it's wired by alarm clock

I get his legs, you grab him by arms ock

We gonna go this liar harm while his crying moms watch

Last seen in Brooklyn, they found in a Bronx lot

Rifles on the roof, yeah we got him by a long shot

We don't fire warning shots, niggas fire on swat

And if they get me, Brooklyn gonna riot on spot

I'm from the hood, so I'm supplying bomb rock

'Round here that's better than buying Viacom stock

Look, you can't hold nothing, but I got a shell to give

I'll make his relative show me where the fella live

Ain't that his baby sis', get up in this Mayby' miss

Before I pull this curb and start swerving like Baby sis

If he heard yet, bet that get the word buzzing

You send a message when you kill a nigga third cousin

Niece, nephew, they gonna need Tef' too

This'll a go in and out they chest like a breath do

You Clay Aiken-soft

You playing games until this red light's on ya

It's like the Playstation's off

Smith & Wesson work, Luger nine labor

Professional shit like they did Leon's neighbors.

^ your bugging if you saying fabolous is wack

and home boy if you dont know what the professional is? krsone man, knowlegde reigns supreme over nearly everybody....... peep the link and watch a great fucking movie,,,

^ hence "professional shit like they did leon's neighbors...."

the only similarity to half time might be the tempo and the sleigh bells

and yo 96 bpm's is a hip hop staple. The same way niggas like simple letter structure with strong foundations and lots of flow as opposed to hyper technical cali color pieces is the same way that beatnuts were ill in their simplicity. same with mcgruff. dude was crazy ill and it didnt sound like he was writing some crazy technical lyric with 4 rhymes in a bar with a cooky sing song flow.....it sounded like you and him was chillin you know...just rappin.. not in the hip hop sense but like shooting the breeze. It sounds very natural.

lol dude no comment you provided my point last night, you dared to tell me biggie smalls was "ok" and if he were alive now he'd be a flop. with that said lemme guess? u wanna tall me beat nuts and mcgruff are more lyrical then biggie smalls? you said beat nuts more lyrical then fabolous also.

Beatnuts and T.I. don't even compare.

Beatnuts' sound defines a time so to speak, the early to mid 90's

And not for nothing but when they came out, everyone said the same thing, the kid Fashion is nice, but Junkyard JuJu and Psycho Les were doo doo on the mic, at the same time, that was then when lyrical content meant more in hip hop.

Now they would be considered lyricists...

T.I. leaves them in the dust lyrically, beat selection is no where near up to par.

But he could spit fire circles around those kids.

Beatnuts and T.I. don't even compare.

Beatnuts' sound defines a time so to speak, the early to mid 90's

And not for nothing but when they came out, everyone said the same thing, the kid Fashion is nice, but Junkyard JuJu and Psycho Les were doo doo on the mic, at the same time, that was then when lyrical content meant more in hip hop.

Now they would be considered lyricists...

T.I. leaves them in the dust lyrically, beat selection is no where near up to par.

But he could spit fire circles around those kids.

oh my god bump a nigga with a brain right here. beat selction production hands down there sound was classic there beats u can hear a mile away and be like oh thats beatbuts. but lyrically? they were more like comedy rap lyrically they couldnt even hold there own against dudes in that era. i can name 2 grops off the top of my head that was lyrically better , tribe called quest , phif and q-tip lyrically would torch them, we can name more people fo that same early 90's era rapping about the same thing not gangsta rap. brand nubian, de la soul, gangstar (guru alone will smap both of them up), shit there boys nice n smooth was more lyrical then them....... dude you cant keep rooting for the home town heros them dudes werent all that. there beats were fire.... lyrics? naaah

you think t.i. is more lyrical than the beatnuts?

how much crack did phame slip in your blunt?

beatbnuts? you kidding? i see u probably listen to singles on hot97 or bet / mtv listen to a album download it you canget it for free. fabolous isnt more lyrical then beat nuts? wait hold up... beatnuts lyrcial at all???

dude i can put the 1st 5 songs that come up on youtube and none are as lyrical, they arent wack but c'mon lyrical? not even in thr early 90's they were top of there game. there beats made them. they had some dope funky beats and some comedic shit that def kept you entertained.

^ good song, back then and now still. but like lyrical really? like that was super hard to write?

the beat def was blazing

[T.I.]

Hah, you see? That's right

Ay, you know see Weezy for the wordplay, Jeezy for the bird play

Kanyeezy for diversity and me for controversy

I'm a verse that's picture perfect, only spit to serve a purpose

You ain't living what you kicking then you worthless

Lookin from the surface it may seem like I got reason to be nervous

Been observant, work to see if my adversity was worth it

Verse is autobiographical, absolutely classical

Last thing I'm worried 'bout is what another rapper do

Ain't nobody hot as me

Even if they rap they ass off, blast off and have outstanding quality

Sell a lot of records, I'll respect it and salute that

But spin real life on hot beats, I'm the truth at

You kick it like me, no exaggeration necessary

Living revolutionary, nothing less than legendary

Gangsta shit hereditary, got it from my dad

Flow colder than February with extraordinary swag

^if this isnt lyrcial then seriously my dude, fu-schnicens must be the best rappers in the world for you. for the record i dont smoke, no weed, cigs, dust or anything else.

FUCK WASHED UP NIGGAS, FUCK CRITISIZM AND JUST DO YOU, FUCK CENTRAL BOOKINGS, FUCK PRODIGY, FUCK THOSE AFRICANS WIT TOO MUCH LEATHER ON, AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST FUCK YA LIFE![/color][/b]

my dude be easy you gonna burst a blood vessel. be happy you alive my dude.... shit be happy u can walk and talk. better then being in a whellchair with no food to eat in a 3rd world country be grateful for what you got. dont complain about what you dont got my G, life may look alil sunnier for you, not trying to diss you just keep it "for real"

City Council OKs Storefront Gate Bill

The City Council passed a bill Monday that will put an eventual end to the solid metal security gates business owners pull down at night to protect their stores.

Owners are required to phase out the gates by 2026 and replace them with partially see-through gates that resemble metal mesh.

Supporters say the new gates will benefit police and firefighters responding to emergencies, because they can look through the gates to better assess the situation.

Bill sponsor Peter Vallone Junior says the change will improve the city.

"Our streets will no longer look like a graffiti strewn war zone after closing time. We pass many bills here at the Council but very few are like this one where we will actually see a concrete result where our city will be more beautiful and be safer," Vallone Junior said.

The mesh gates cost about $10,000, an estimated 10 percent more than the solid metal gates.

Council members say 17 years is enough times for owners to make the change.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

City Council OKs Storefront Gate Bill

The City Council passed a bill Monday that will put an eventual end to the solid metal security gates business owners pull down at night to protect their stores.

Owners are required to phase out the gates by 2026 and replace them with partially see-through gates that resemble metal mesh.

Supporters say the new gates will benefit police and firefighters responding to emergencies, because they can look through the gates to better assess the situation.

Bill sponsor Peter Vallone Junior says the change will improve the city.

"Our streets will no longer look like a graffiti strewn war zone after closing time. We pass many bills here at the Council but very few are like this one where we will actually see a concrete result where our city will be more beautiful and be safer," Vallone Junior said.

The mesh gates cost about $10,000, an estimated 10 percent more than the solid metal gates.

Council members say 17 years is enough times for owners to make the change.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

noooooooooooooo!

I doubt that this will be in full effect soon, Store owners don't even waste money on painting the graff off of their grids, there not gunna spend 10,000 on changing them.

they trying to fine you if your gates arent cleaned off with graff. some areas have like a community joint that does it for free. next will bew community service people to buff them for neighborhoods