N E W Y O R K C I T Y

SaYoH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
jers3_zps9b618705.jpg[/img]

@120z admin/moderator

AT LEAST IM NOT POSTING DRUG ADDICTS AND MEN WEARING MAKE-UP.

BEYOURSELF!

You left out murderers! :D I know it's not most peoples cup of tea but a lot of writers went to those clubs

tumblr_kz6f9yI6fh1qb2lcvo1_500.png

It's not graffiti related but anyone from the city before a certain year bumped heads with these people or at least went to one of the many legendary haunts. The outlaws were just a way to gather people to go back to the clubs once the police showed up.

Check out the movie the guy who made Cocaine Cowboys just made and you'll see the importance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZinfitikU8

five finger photos

tumblr_mjbvmubJqi1qdf95wo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mjbvmnR8RF1qdf95wo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mjbvm7HhCX1qdf95wo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mjbudbwIAX1qdf95wo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mjbubzh5JQ1qdf95wo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mjbr1zrZJa1qdf95wo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mjbpvvC28g1qdf95wo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mjay0krja61qdf95wo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mja60dWGie1qdf95wo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mja4zbdloT1qdf95wo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mja4y5P3sk1qdf95wo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mja4t7qrnB1qdf95wo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_lyrw6gcTDD1qdf95wo1_1280.jpg

"The Grifters are always down for a good adventure. They recently snapped some photos of their recent exploration of the tunnels underneath Paris, known as the catacombs. The catacombs are tunnels beneath the Parisian city, that houses the bones from the deceased during the dark ages. The bodies were disposed in these tunnels, due to a lack of space for burial ground in the city. Despite the catacombs being a tourist destination; there are still sections of the tunnel that are not available for tour viewing. This leads to the more adventurous crowd finding more obscure and less traveled areas. In this section of the tunnel The Grifters visited we see Nov york, and Sacer tags in the cut. Always a cool sight to see local New York dudes, hitting extremely cutty spots overseas."

I know it's not most peoples cup of tea but a lot of writers went to those clubs

true - -

I have access to a complete series on VHS of a nyc public access show called Krash Boom TV about club kids

" I presented the best club related events at the beginning of

each program (from Limelight, Tunnel, Club USA and numerous other

locations) with 'openings', 'outlaw' and 'theme' parties, mostly featuring

Alig, Desi Monster, Kabuki, Astro Earl, Olympia, Richie Rich, Angel, Sofia,

Walt Paper, Kenny Kenny and dozens of others, some unrecognizable under the

fabulous make-up and costumes. At celebrity dinners and publicity events I

gladly filmed Grace Jones or Quentin Crisp and other cool creative people..."

have yet to digitize it but it must have some cool history in there --

You left out murderers! :D I know it's not most peoples cup of tea but a lot of writers went to those clubs

tumblr_kz6f9yI6fh1qb2lcvo1_500.png

It's not graffiti related but anyone from the city before a certain year bumped heads with these people or at least went to one of the many legendary haunts. The outlaws were just a way to gather people to go back to the clubs once the police showed up.

Check out the movie the guy who made Cocaine Cowboys just made and you'll see the importance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZinfitikU8

Forreal. That club era in NYC is as much of a part of NY as any of the graffiti. That Limelight documentary was DOPE. So much old great footage.

• Like 1

I think i saw that limelight/peter gatien documentary on showtime a couple months ago. i'm sure if your interested you already know, but there's a bunch of good old nyc/club videos on youtube by nelson sullivan.

RIP NELSON! yes I have seen them all and I posted some of his footage a page or two ago. Anyone interested in Clayton Patterson or anything downtown NY NEEDS to look at everything Nelson Sullivan ever did. Clayton picked up his first camera from Nelson supposedly.