N E W Y O R K C I T Y

SaYoH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
THERES A DIFFERENCE FROM PAST TENSE AND NOW...BOII BOII YA NI99AS GOTTA UNDERSTAND THESE NEW CATS DONT CARE BOUT THE PAST TENSE THEY GOING FOR THERES WITH OUT LOOKING BACK

how can you say you have love for something .. your in it to win it .. yet you dont respect its past? where do you think you got your influence from? that's the problem .. it's not about being toy, it's about being a toy and not learning the game from those who've already played and still can play it better then you .. thats like lebron or kobe tryna shit on jordan or starks. niggas got the game ass backwards and are running that shit into the dirt. Bunch of soljah boy ass niggas.:huh:

@Dinero, Things change...but I've noticed a small hand full of 2g-writers progress as the time passed. What you grew up on and was brought up with was much different to what a lot of these kids grew up on(mark echos getting up, graffiti videos) plus whoever took you under the wing as a junior writer was probably ill and taught you the ins and outs. When toys are the ones lecturing these guys its much tougher for them to progress, they think they are nice. Dues are hardly paid now a days too. With a toy that beefs all the time teaches them to bang out everything in site, what you think this kid is going to do? Educating them is what needs to be done, We can bash people all day for coming on here and posting flicks of their shit...& dead ass what ive done with a few toys on here is draw up a few outlines and post it back on...niggas see it as a sign of beef but fact of the matter is...after you do something you should be able to step back, see what you have done and be proud of it...say that what you have done is as ill as the good graffiti you grew up looking at if not better...but these niggas is scribbling.

@SAND .. your trippin if you think they're doing outlines in 5 seconds LMAO .. i think if you watch this video you'll see that they clearly dont give a fuck about sitting at a spot for 20 minutes .. it's called having a good look out and realizing that your gonna get arrested sometimes for bombing .. just gotta take your chances

when we started out we respected niggas that came before us, we came up with niggas that came before us .. and we had style even as toys if you compare our first tags to any shit these kids have been doing for about 5 years now our shit looked way better like i said before this graff shit wasnt meant for everyone back then you had to really be meant for this shit to stay with it . now like everything else graff is a joke any clown can get into for a few weeks kids from the block that have nothing to do with graff want to be involved it its the cool thing to say you do on your facebook page.. since the millenium they come and go..and come and go not many have stuck around or improved the way writers use to .. its like rap music or anything for that matter u had to have skill on the mic to make back then and most the time you still wouldnt shine, there was so many nice niggas out you had to go extra hard to be heard amongst them .. now with shit like youtube any clown can become a rapper upload his own videos he doesnt have to be nice and get signed any more which is why you have so many one hit wonders ..most the kids p talk about been around since 03 still toy as ever if you been writing for 2 years and your throw u looks like splattered shit on the wall this aint meant for you hang it up .. in 1 year posts hand went from ok to ill back then ..in a few months my throw up went from ok to official and kept on getting better i mean come on your on this site 24/7 you see what all the old throw ups and 90s shit looks like you do the math pal

yeah there are plenty of toys on here and whatnot. but there were just as much toys out there back in the day. there are plenty of newer writers out there now that got style, you jjudge a whole generation off of a few bad seeds. i see alot of people progressing getting better with their work and trying new things. I know myself within the short time ive been in this game I've made a shitload of progress. times change the scene changes the whole atmosphere of our city changed. people should just stop being pessimistic , if the older generation was able to make the jmp from toys then so can we.

it aint just a few lol...skeme was like 16-17 when he did all his shit. i would be interested to see a list of writers who started after 2005 that have "style" or shit, make it 2000. like real style. back in the day for whetever reason kids were just better younger

Skeme had a great scene, when your in a city full of trains that look like great pieces of art you are influenced quite different.

these kids "scene" is the internet...they have way more shit to look at. we saw what writers were in our neighborhoods or that were up on our lines and typically thats how a style developed. i would still like to see who started after 200 that has developed into a dope stylish writer from new york. i guess idont really know most of the younger dudes ages but the guys i see that are younger adn really good are in their early 30s still. but i could be wrong. i think 10 years is plenty of time however to get nasty.

what kids get fucked up on today is this internet shit...they run around making a mess for a few months posting everything online, they get bagged hard because they stupid and cant keep evidence off line and they stop so theres never much chance for progression.

lets see this list! haha

I know myself within the short time ive been in this game I've made a shitload of progress. .

The thing is, you could say something like this and be wild toy. I nkow when I was young I'd get better and think i was rocking ill styles.

Then six months later, look back at the super wild crazy dope styles I was doing and be embarrassed.

The thing is, you could say something like this and be wild toy. I nkow when I was young I'd get better and think i was rocking ill styles.

Then six months later, look back at the super wild crazy dope styles I was doing and be embarrassed.

Yeah im toy im still learning things still progressing. if i were to post pictures you would see

did the mods remove my comment? wtf is this .. yet they let anon toys talk wreckless .. o well here it is again

when we started out we respected niggas that came before us, we came up with niggas that came before us .. and we had style even as toys if you compare our first tags to any shit these kids have been doing for about 5 years now our shit looked way better like i said before this graff shit wasnt meant for everyone back then you had to really be meant for this shit to stay with it . now like everything else graff is a joke any clown can get into for a few weeks kids from the block that have nothing to do with graff want to be involved it its the cool thing to say you do on your facebook page.. since the millenium they come and go..and come and go not many have stuck around or improved the way writers use to .. its like rap music or anything for that matter u had to have skill on the mic to make back then and most the time you still wouldnt shine, there was so many nice niggas out you had to go extra hard to be heard amongst them .. now with shit like youtube any clown can become a rapper upload his own videos he doesnt have to be nice and get signed any more which is why you have so many one hit wonders ..most the kids p talk about been around since 03 still toy as ever if you been writing for 2 years and your throw u looks like splattered shit on the wall this aint meant for you hang it up .. in 1 year posts hand went from ok to ill back then ..in a few months my throw up went from ok to official and kept on getting better i mean come on your on this site 24/7 you see what all the old throw ups and 90s shit looks like you do the math pal

yeah there are plenty of toys on here and whatnot. but there were just as much toys out there back in the day. there are plenty of newer writers out there now that got style, you jjudge a whole generation off of a few bad seeds. i see alot of people progressing getting better with their work and trying new things. I know myself within the short time ive been in this game I've made a shitload of progress. times change the scene changes the whole atmosphere of our city changed. people should just stop being pessimistic , if the older generation was able to make the jmp from toys then so can we.

so why hasnt it happened.. why does graff look so horrible its been years since lets say 2002 why does shhit still look like this? you kids have acess to the internet you can google any writer up and study that shit but instead kids like yk who is the worst toy of the millenium get on here with fake names to talk shit .. you want to shut me up shut niggas like p up do some hot shit something worth posting online instead kids post there wack tags and horrible slop looking for that fast cheap fame online .. yes the city atmosphere has changed into something horrible and soft.. its crazy when dudes speak the truth kids cant handle it because they know its the truth ..so they call it bitter hating .. if ja or ryno or near called me a toy in 95 .. so be it i wouldnt try to wild out and talk shit back ill just try to get up and get my shit together .. so that the next time i see them they would be like ok i see u doin you.. kids like yk and all these other toys are actually under the influence that they are nice .. so instead of taking the criticizm which is damn well true and actin on it .. they get on here and talk crazyness.. imagine me mad frail talkin wreckless to near after he called me a toy .. my whole face woulda been gettin reconstructed .. but now online its safe for toys to do this

did the mods remove my comment? wtf is this .. yet they let anon toys talk wreckless .. o well here it is again [/size][/b]

these kids don't start simple anymore. dudes see shit like setup throws and people rocking pointy serifs and they want to do it right away. that shit just doesn't work.

If toys spent the same amount of time they did on, but on paper, the city would not have changed. Toy's think hitting canvas's is practicing, or painting gets them better when its the total opposite. Rack a book, get a sharpy and spend time learning flow and shapes. That's all I'ma say about that. You can never be good at graffiti, you only get better with the amount of time you spend and the dedication you throw towards learning.

15x3c7b.jpg

this is a really cool picture.

what that guy was saying about skeme being a good writer when he was 17...

well its was a different era.i didnt start writing till 95. and it took years to get

to a point where i was just ok.not good just ok. but skeme was right in the middle

of a culture explosion.if you could go down to the bench and see all the legends

roll by right now i'm sure you would be able to step you're game up a bit,no matter

what level you're on now.

seeing top to bottoms roll by must have been mind boggeling.its no wonder skeme was

so fuckin good and ahead of his time.what do kids got nowadays? the net.ahahahahah.

the net sucks,its worse than a soap opera. some good books have come out,and euro paint

helps but its so different.

trying to compare the two is like comparing brick weed to trainwreck.

TOYS ALWAYS EXISTED..... ITS PART OF GRAFF... ALWAYS BEEN, ALWAYS WILL.

TAKE ONE UNDER THE WING, OR ENLIGHTEN THEM TO THE KNOWLEDGE SOME CLAIM THEY DONT HAVE.

IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO, THEN YOU CANT GET MAD WHEN ITS THEM TOYS, BLAMMING FILLS OVER

YA OLD SHIT, OR THE NEXT NIKKAS SHIT.

AND JUS CUZ A NIKKA IS TOY, DOES NOT MEAN HIS/HER OPINION, OR CONCEPT OF THINGS ARE IRRELEVANT.

-LISTEN TO THE MESSAGE, NOT THE MESSENGER.

That's where your wrong whore.....If your toy and you done your homework, know the history, know whats really good then your opinion can rock, but most of the time toys tend to not give a fuck "if you have not noticed'' and go over old pieces, tags etc etc. Thus their opinion is shit