N E W Y O R K C I T Y

SaYoH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i figuered you to fit into the 90s, real hip hop, box. but diversity is important

and war pig is an amazing song def my fav sabbath joint.

hopefully one day iron man will awaken and destroy the wicked with his mighty guitar solo

nah i true to my hip-hop that i grew up with. tribecalledquest all day, de la and such. but its almost cliché to say u listen to hip-hop and name those groups... but i also dont wanna be that old dude talking about "this isnt real hip-hop, back in my day fife dog blah blah blah" you know... if you dont evolve you stuck with the same mentality.... so cast a wide net with the music i listen to because in essense all music is connected one way or another or inspires the other. so when i say i like daft punk you know the obvious connection to kanye then kanye to someone like jay or older like curtis mayfield from which he's sampled from you know? this will get deleted but fuck it while its still up at least we can have some sorta constructive convo....

yes definately

constructive conversation is cool especially on this thread

earl would rather everyone go to channel zero for that

but i dont think he gets new yorkers aint about that internet shit like that (or atleast we dont know we are). I am not old enough to conventionally lay a claim to "oldschool" hip hop but its all ive ever listened to for the past decade. I am too far removed from keyboards and hype drum machines to really enjoy it making me the victim of the "gotta change with the times" speech amongst alot of people. It doesnt bother me so much the hype over this new wave of hip hop. But it just bothers me that 90% of my generation could give a shit about the allmighty, timeless, roots of new york city life and all the culture and creativity it spawned. To see all that reduced to southern trends and poor excuses for sampling turns me into a broken record.

yes definately

constructive conversation is cool especially on this thread

earl would rather everyone go to channel zero for that

but i dont think he gets new yorkers aint about that internet shit like that (or atleast we dont know we are). I am not old enough to conventionally lay a claim to "oldschool" hip hop but its all ive ever listened to for the past decade. I am too far removed from keyboards and hype drum machines to really enjoy it making me the victim of the "gotta change with the times" speech amongst alot of people. It doesnt bother me so much the hype over this new wave of hip hop. But it just bothers me that 90% of my generation could give a shit about the allmighty, timeless, roots of new york city life and all the culture and creativity it spawned. To see all that reduced to southern trends and poor excuses for sampling turns me into a broken record.

oh shit i peeped the roots in oralando live in 2004 phrenology album they went in!!black thought is super underated... i mean i been listening to hiphop my whole life when i see hiphop in the 90's i dont consider that old school really.but then again the 90's was prob the greatest era thust far in my life span, music, talent, style, graff....etc.. im sorry if im not surin and swaggin

my dude its not about im real or im not. im saying this is the shit flooding our media outlets yah dig? when you have to hunt down good music thats the sign of the end man. and as for being "real" aint no onehere "real" only gangsta i know of are in sing sing in the mountains somewhere or on trial on there wa up there my dude. all these rappers and wanna be's is all actors like wrestling. its just sad that 10 years ago all that sing along hiphop wasnt in your face or onthe radio all day. where as a nigga like jadakis dont get noreal spins.

it obvious you cant escapethe new shit floodin the media and it really has gotten bad... even 2000 was straight on mtv biggie pac eminems luda busta wit dreads but now yu cant even rely on hot 97 anymore with the new shit its all wack.... birthday sex and fuckin brooke hogan wut kinda mickey mouse bullshit is this