a question to all djs

FROSTY

ive been thinkin about getting a vestax pcv 175 but im kinda iffy. i mix hip hop and it dosnt have a curve adjustment.

its a good mixer for a good price and has a really smooth fader. i have heard that its not hard to have fast cuts with this mixer even though it lacks a curve adjustment. whell anyways help a brotha out.......

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

that mixer is stricktly for techno....i used to use one when i played drum and bass....its wonderful for that but youll be ass out of luck if you want scratch with it.....heres a diagram of faders

vestax 175

[---------C---------]

^

this is the cut off point for the prospective mixer, you will have to push the fader directly in the middle to get full volume of the record your cutting.....

vestax 05, 06, 07

[-C-----------------]

^

this is where the cut off point should be for any decent hip hop oriented mixer, cutting off the left table you would only have to tap the fader over to get full volume.....

if you are familiar with any scratch techniques it should make sense why you cant work with fader A......

agriggiddy iggidy agreed.

scratch dj's are just about the most self absorbed suckers on the face of the planet. second only perhaps to break dancers. 'dude, im making new music by scratching the same dj rectangle record the same way i heard d styles do it on the last shigger fragger show'... blah...

come original or keep it in your bedroom.

yo..

Hey..

If you are happy with your 175 but want an ultra quick cut in, just do the A-Mod as mentioned below.. but be warned - after this, you will have NO xfader curve at all, just a 1mm (or less) cut in..

Or you could sell that 175 and get a Vestax 05pro or an 06pro.. you should be able to get em mad cheap on ebay or sumthin this time of year..The 05 and 06 have curve adjustment and you can always "A mod" it if you don't want curve at all just a super super quick cut in (like less than 1mm). Just go to www.asisphonics.com/amode.html and d/l the A mode schematic. It's tooo easy.

Also, you can do this ultra simple 'trickler mod' on the 05 and the 06 and prolly even your 175 to get 2 clicks out of your cue in switch instead of one.. and if you know your way around a circuit board, you can use the curve adjustment from your xfader (after you have A modded) on your volume upfaders to give them curve adjust using the original xfader curve knob. That one is a little tricky but basically after that you almost have an 07pro except for the quadraphonic phasing which I don't really care for anyhow..

**Stay away from Numark and Gemini unless your Dad owns a xfader factory and can keep giving you new faders every week**

Peace..

The 2-click kid ;)

*beep a ha ah ha ahhhhhh fr fr f freshhhhhh*

Originally posted by seeking innocence

agriggiddy iggidy agreed.

scratch dj's are just about the most self absorbed suckers on the face of the planet. second only perhaps to break dancers. 'dude, im making new music by scratching the same dj rectangle record the same way i heard d styles do it on the last shigger fragger show'... blah...

come original or keep it in your bedroom.

What the fuck ?? Can you even believe what you just said ? Your a hypocrite dude.. don't front on a topic that you obviously know nothing about ->

"there are alot of cheap intro hip hop mixers with curve adjustment... newmark makes one, and im sure gemini does as well. if you want to scratch, get something designed for it..."

ahahaha goddamn goddamn.. :rolleyes:

"Yo stop frontin.. and use ya head"...

edit coz i cant spell

that criticism coming from a guy who needs to rewire his fader to do double clicks. :)

lets just aknowledge the fact that you dont know me or anything about me, then we can we drop the speculatory dissing of me before you just make yourself look silly. mmm kay?

seeking

Re: Re: yo..

my point is proven.

You dont have a point.. THAT is the point.

Man I think someone who claims 1200 hobos should at least know if Gemini make a 'scratch mixer'...

Respect to the REAL hobos..

Eat it..

* ahhh... you edit so no one else will see what your other post said.. but anyways, you the one that come on spouting off about skratch dj this skratch dj that.. unoriginal, done before blah blah.. man, so has most of your graff and everyone elses but peeps still approach it with an open mind..

this will be a never ending argument but one which I will gladly defend on behalf of my fellow crabhappy crabaholics..

_defender of the skeratch_

why would i follow up on gemini's new line of mixers? ive had my vestax for years. im a dj, not a guy who sits in my bedroom scratching over the same duper duck break just ice loop. i think its funny youve taken such offense to a completely general, not to mention spoken in jest comment. but hey man, whatever you say.

i think its funny youve taken such offense to a completely general, not to mention spoken in jest comment. but hey man, whatever you say.

haha, the disclaimer. man, that wasnt jest.. just a completely narrow minded view at another form of hip hop..

Anyhow, isn't this what a discussion thread is ? .. a discussion ?

So lets here you validate your claim...

considering that it was an opinion, there is of course no way to 'validate' such a thing, just as there is no way to disprove it. thus, there is nothing to discuss. i will admit that i believe 85% of scratch dj's are wanna-be carbon copies of their heros. if you'd like to deny that, feel free, but its still just clash of the opinions, and as much as id like to waste my night on that, no thanks.

im sure your a great scratcher. im sure your doing tripple click orbits and what not. good for you. but trying to beat me with petty insults just isnt going to go your way man. i know what im talking about here. i was djing in bars while you were sneaking downstairs to watch scrammbled spice channel. you dont have to agree with me, but claiming that i have no experience from which to make my statements is just plain silly.

considering that it was an opinion, there is of course no way to 'validate' such a thing, just as there is no way to disprove it. thus, there is nothing to discuss. i will admit that i believe 85% of scratch dj's are wanna-be carbon copies of their heros. if you'd like to deny that, feel free, but its still just clash of the opinions, and as much as id like to waste my night on that, no thanks.

im sure your a great scratcher. im sure your doing tripple click orbits and what not. good for you. but trying to beat me with petty insults just isnt going to go your way man. i know what im talking about here. i was djing in bars while you were sneaking downstairs to watch scrammbled spice channel. you dont have to agree with me, but claiming that i have no experience from which to make my statements is just plain silly.

Hey, show me where the petty insults are and I'll gladly retract them.. but I see you managed to sneak a few in towards the end of your post.. as for triple click orbits ? I prefer triple click flares myself but I'm sure theres no need to explain the difference to you is there.

Anyone who can put a record on a platter and push start/stop can get a gig in a two bit bar.. thats not the topic at hand.

It's like if I said, 85% of writers are carbon copies and that all style's have been pioneered before (which is prolly pretty close to the truth) I'm sure there would be a few people on here who would want to disagree with me..

If you hopped down off your 'I'm experienced' soap box for five minutes and thought about this rationally, I'm sure you'll see the futility of what you are trying to say.

haters.. :o

two bit bar? how about two years as a resident in one of the areas best clubs, featured in every local paper as well as urb and paper magazine. couple that with a US tour, inclusion in one of the worlds most respected dj crews and 7 years of overall experience... i mean, i could get down off the pedastil, but you'd still be on my dick, so lets just both stay up here and enjoy the view, shall we?...

lets just end the nonsense here.

kids that can scratch well, are fresh. kids that think being able to flare makes them special, are not. and yes, i think the vast majority of graffiti is recycled nonsense, your point?

time to paint.

two bit bar? how about two years as a resident in one of the areas best clubs, featured in every local paper as well as urb and paper magazine. couple that with a US tour, inclusion in one of the worlds most respected dj crews and 7 years of overall experience... i mean, i could get down off the pedastil, but you'd still be on my dick, so lets just both stay up here and enjoy the view, shall we?...

lets just end the nonsense here.

kids that can scratch well, are fresh. kids that think being able to flare makes them special, are not. and yes, i think the vast majority of graffiti is recycled nonsense, your point?

time to paint.

On your dick ? Yo herb, you be the one nut ridin the Hobos and then editing the shit out.. fuck, show me one DJ crew that doesn't have a decent writer in there cliq just for honorary purposes.. which I imagine is the case for you.

Anyhow, I won't go into resume details but have burnt faders with the best from my area in front of crowds of 1000+ but who cares.. I'm not about trying to earn respect by telling everyone that. I'm just trying to understand your point of view. Sorry you feel the need to try and hedge around the subject but hey, some got the debating steez.. and some don't.

In my humble opinion, flaring doesn't make someone 'special' or even make them a DJ but the fact remains that it is a 'scratch' so don't be hating on the 1,2,3 & 4 clickers.. aight ?

So I'm off to this Indian Restaurant now for din dins so don't think I'm ignoring you if you post back.. if ya dont, it was nice locking horns with you..

Peeesh

a couple of my friends were Dj's down in texas...when imoved up here and stayed in the dorms for a bit i met this one guy who claimed to be a dj, and he was an asshole, he acted like he was a champion on the 1's and 2's or somethin...he didnt even know the deal with 1200's....but its not like i know either...but regardless, you could tell he was a soon to be frat boy who just wanted to say he was a dj....

blah, blah, blah....blah, blah, blah.... you cant argue opinion man, its pointless. im sure your great. im sure your a better 'scratcher' than i am. yeah for you. but really, that stuff doesnt interest me. if someone is doing something cool, then im down for it. if they're just scratching the same tired samples over the same tired loops, well then... hey man, thats cool, but dont expose it to the public. dont sit there in a club showing how cool you are when people just want to dance. im glad you can sort of beat juggle, but yo, play the god damn record. no one paid to hear dj mix master matt scratch 'this stuffff is reeeealllllyyyy ffffrreeeeeesssshhhhhhhh" over that instrumental for ten minutes. ive honestly been in clubs and had kids stop, take the record off the right table, put another one on, then continue scratching on the left. what the fuck is that shit? if you cant scratch with both hands, dont back yourself into that corner moron. just like with graff, if you dont have the skill to do it right, keep practicing until you do, then show us how dope you are.

obviously these comments dont cover everyone, but they do cover the selection of people im talking about. the same wack bunch of suckers you seem to championing the cause for. you guys should start your own crew. you could be the 'transparant fader aardvarks' or something.

really, your not proving anything. you're doing nothing but claiming i dont know what im talking about, a point ive long since dis-proven. but hey man, hope you had fun 'cyber beefing' with seeking. book mark the thread. tell your friends how you served me. scratch, scratch.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Hmm, I think avils took this one. Good looking out on the breakdancers being worse than DJ's, though. Truest thing that's ever been said, seriously. Beer,

El Mamerro

if he had made a single valid argument, fuck it, any argument, perhaps he might be standing a chance, however all he's done is falsly claim i dont know what im talking about. an amusing retort, considering all thats really been discussed is my history. the rest is simply my opinion, to which he's yet to pose a single counter argument, let alone a good one.

its a veritable sea of fools

Originally posted by avils

If you hopped down off your 'I'm experienced' soap box for five minutes and thought about this rationally, I'm sure you'll see the futility of what you are trying to say.

That'll be the day......... when "Mr. Omniscient Seeking Innocence" steps off the "I'm experienced soap box"!!! That'll be the fucking day!!

I swear to god sometimes I think that man has a massive bundle of useless trivia knowledge in his brain and then the next minute I begin to think that this fool lacks a brain altogether!!!!!!!!!

Ever heard the saying : "It's better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and prove it"?????????????:rolleyes:

its a veritable sea of fools

Yup.. and you're leading them.

But no, "cyber beefing" with you was far from the highlight of my day as I really don't hold you in any sort of 'god like' status as the rest of you seem to (Boogie et al).. but that's cool man.. you can start up your own crew like me, but call it the 'hunchbacked thread busters' or something like that.

Anyhow, there's way better ways of getting Carpel Tunnel syndrome than typing when it all falls on deaf ears.. so I'ma do my best to get it by practicing my 32 click flirp tare chop uzi scrape hydroplane aqua rubs..

eat a dick haters.. :eek:

edit - And yo Frosty, great to see that you posted a topic which you don't really have too much interest in... :confused: see my pre haters reply. It's answers everything and more for you.

Originally posted by avils

I really don't hold you in any sort of 'god like' status as the rest of you seem to (Boogie et al)...

boogie holds no one to god like status......there is only room for one up here and im it, you may be able to meet or surpass my abilitys but the fact is.....you will never....ever....smell as good as i do when i get out of the shower therefore i will always look down upon you......dont be mad because i smell good, dickridaaaaahhhhhh....

Archived